Photographing Chicago

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by mcdaniel52761, Feb 19, 2008.

1. mcdaniel52761

mcdaniel52761 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I'm looking to go to Chicago at the end of March and thought I would ask some of you which lens I should stick on the camera. I have the Nikon 18-200 VR and the 50mm 1.8. With Chicago being as busy as it is, I'd rather not be changing lenses constantly with the hundreds of people walking by and possibly knocking a lens to the ground, etc... The 18-200 would be the most flexible, but, from what I've heard (and I just got it but haven't tried it out yet) the 1.8 is a pretty sharp lens. So, if you had to walk around with one of the two, which one would it be?

2. Stacey

Stacey TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Personally, I'd go with the 18-200. Yeah, its a bit bulkier to carry around but in the end, you are going to be able to do more with it (wide-angle/zoom)...I'm not too far from Chicago and when the weather is decent I like to go up there and shoot. Yes, pedestrian traffic can be a bit heavy and times but if you really wanted to take both lenses with you, you'd be able to just duck next to a building/store front and switch out your lenses. Again, its up to you but personally I'd bring the 18-200 b/c you've got a bit more to work with using it.