Photographing Friends And Family

Discussion in 'Photographic Discussions' started by LarissaPhotography, Jan 19, 2009.

1. LarissaPhotography

LarissaPhotography TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Have you guys done many sessions with your friends and family? Is it easier or harder for you? the only thing that we've had a little issue with is at weddings when we need everyone right away for a shot, it seems like everyone takes their time because you're not "the photographer" - you're just the cousin.

2. bwlergh

bwlergh TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I find family to be a bit reluctant, they expect you to just point the camera and be over and done in less than 3 seconds (their expectations are same as they would be for a P&S).
    Friends on the other hand are more than willing to do as you say and wait around while you adjust settings or ask them to pose differently.

3. i Kandi Photography

i Kandi Photography TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I am at the point where i HATE shooting friends/ family. I know they expect a discount but my rates are already really cheap and I know they have no idea how much work is involved when it comes to editing..etc. In the past few mos, i have been asked to shoot about 4 family members / friends and didnt make hardly anything f/ the shoots. I need to "grow a pair" and just tell them my usual rates.