Photographing Granite

I hate it when this happens..... but I agree with Jerry :lol:

Really, I think a greater DoF is needed to show off the product, granite counter tops. You only have it in #1. The only other question I have is if you used a CP filter to help knock down the reflection as seen in the last two. IMO, a bit distracting.

Almost forgot. Did I use a CP filter? No. I should have, but I didn't. Live and learn, right?

You know, I wondered about the DOF thing myself. Glad you guys discussed it.

I didn't even think of the CPOL. Good thought.

You guys are all so shmaht.

Great shots!! They turned out well.

Congrats on the happy client.

The only comment I have is that the hot spot on the counter and cook top in #1 bug me a bit. In the future you may want to consider putting something outside the window to cut down the direct light that seems to have created the hot spots. You may be able to just hang a bedsheet outside the window to cut down on the light.

Just my unprofessional thoughts.

Cheers

I hope you see this being this is a older post but what is you do for lighting I haven't added lighting yet and have a shoot coming up for a granite company as well but would like to confidently add kitting since the shoots are quick they like to move fast so any tips on positioning etc and what you used for fm diffusing would be great

Great work!

You know...people may say this, or may say that. In the end, if your client's happy, that's all that matters. Anything you or someone else noticed that could have been different can be used in a different shoot.

Holy hell that was quite the wake-up call for a post that date back to 6 years ago ....

Holy hell that was quite the wake-up call for a post that date back to 6 years ago ....
Didn't you know, May is ZOMBIE season.
Zombie-Thread-Walk450.gif

Most reactions

Back