Photographing strangers

Just do it.

You seriously think you're the first street photographer out there? Either they'll say something or they won't. Either way, ten minutes from then you'll forget about it and probably never see them again.

This might sound mean, but I could care less what people think when I'm legally allowed to photograph them. I just do it.

i did something like this a while ago, was in a steak n shake and would randomly take pictures of people while i ate, i think some people noticed because they sheilded their face for a while lol

i did something like this a while ago, was in a steak n shake and would randomly take pictures of people while i ate, i think some people noticed because they sheilded their face for a while lol

ahh the stake and shake... i ate there so many times when i went down to saint louis... it made me so sick, but it taste sooo good!! wish they had em here in canada

i think it is nice to ask first :) sometimes when i go to the mall or somewhere with our arabian tradiitional cloths i get some people ask me to take pictures and i let them :)

i think it is nice to ask first :) sometimes when i go to the mall or somewhere with our arabian tradiitional cloths i get some people ask me to take pictures and i let them :)

yes but the problem with asking is, people pose when they know, and you dont get the "natural" look... which is what "street photography" is all about

I am under the understanding that you can pretty much photograph just about anything. When I asked, I was told there are no laws that say you can’t photograph any random person other than possibly a harassment law if you keep at it and they told you to stop. I would not really worry about it.

I am under the understanding that you can pretty much photograph just about anything. When I asked, I was told there are no laws that say you can’t photograph any random person other than possibly a harassment law if you keep at it and they told you to stop. I would not really worry about it.

that may be, but this depends on where you are... some states are different, so are some countries

None of this is legitimate here without specifying what country it's for, as it varies from country/state to country/state...

Actually it is not illegal to publish and it really does NOT vary much in most western countries.

skieur

Actually it is not illegal to publish and it really does NOT vary much in most western countries.

skieur

There was a case where a street photographer was selling photos of an Orthodox Jew Rabbi and the guy got sued. Court ruled that the print was artistic and nature and nor being used commercially and ruled in favor of the photographer.

There was a case where a street photographer was selling photos of an Orthodox Jew Rabbi and the guy got sued. Court ruled that the print was artistic and nature and nor being used commercially and ruled in favor of the photographer.

Correct! It can be published in an artistic or editorial context. That just means that it is published as street photography or tourist photography promoting the general area. Commercial use means advertising, so photos could not be used to promote weight loss programs for example.

skieur

Most reactions

New Topics

Back