Photographing under 18s

Tara

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi guys..and girls.

Right, I'm currently carrying out some shoots which involve semi and full nudity. I have been approached by a girl who is 17. Are there any legal implications here?? The work may be put up in my exhibition. I'm not sure of the law when it comes to photographing minors particularly with regards to the nature of my work.

Can anyone help??

This could be a very explosive subject. I'm not a lawyer and I don't know how/if the laws are different from place to place... the safe route would be to call a lawyer.

At the very least, signed parental consent and supervision would be a starting point.

Even if you, the girl & her parents are OK with everything...all it takes is for someone to start blowing the whistle and you could end up in a heap of trouble.

It may come down to how the nudity is portrayed. But we all know that everyone has different standards as to what they consider acceptable.

Well there is the photography of Sally Mann and Jock Sturges. Both used nudes under the age of 18 in there published works. So it is possible, however, they have also become quite controversial. As to the specific laws regarding it i am not sure though. A lwayer would be the best curse of action, or wait till she turns 18, It can't be that long away... LOL

Most reactions

New Topics

Back