Photographing your own kids

jlykins

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jlykinsphotos.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My twins turned three last Friday so my wife and I took them to my studio to take some photos of them. Does anyone else have problems getting their own kids to pay attention while taking photos? My twins wanted to do everything but sit together and smile. They were running around getting into everything. They just turned 3 so I know that's what they are "supposed" to do but damn... Anyway here are a few that I thought were "ok".

JRL_0269.jpg

JRL_0282.jpg

JRL_0245.jpg

JRL_0254.jpg

JRL_0261.jpg

JRL_0244.jpg

JRL_0331.jpg

JRL_0320.jpg

JRL_0306.jpg

10 this is the only one that I got that has the two of them standing together. He really didn't want to stand next to his sister for anything. I needed to get them a little further away from the background but this is the best I could get with them.

JRL_0339.jpg

Do you have a box of bribes....errr...incentives for them to choose from? Stickers? Fruit chews? A trip to the park later? If that doesn't work, maybe you need to upgrade your offerings to matchbox cars and lip gloss?

I have an almost 1-yo, 3yo, and a 5yo and the bribes help a lot with the older two. They will usually work for a cookie or a promise to put a movie on tv.

On the few trips I've taken to the (not mine) studio, I have found that they behave 1000% better for a stranger - probably because they are so much more comfortable with me.

They are super cute kids - looks like you got some decent ones from the session.

Well, I think that is pretty normal. I don't have kids, but I do take pics of kids :) From the time they are mobile to the time they can really listen to directions, I would rather do location shots and let the kids do what they want to do (play) and take pictures around them instead of trying to force them to do something they don't want to do.

Cute kids though. They did pretty good I think!

the pictures looked decent, if i didn't know better, i thought you had no problem at all
clear.gif

Do you have a box of bribes....errr...incentives for them to choose from? Stickers? Fruit chews? A trip to the park later? If that doesn't work, maybe you need to upgrade your offerings to matchbox cars and lip gloss?

I have an almost 1-yo, 3yo, and a 5yo and the bribes help a lot with the older two. They will usually work for a cookie or a promise to put a movie on tv.

On the few trips I've taken to the (not mine) studio, I have found that they behave 1000% better for a stranger - probably because they are so much more comfortable with me.

They are super cute kids - looks like you got some decent ones from the session.
Yeah had the candy and bribes there. They just do better with others. My wife has taken them to different studios around town in the past and they always do well. It just seems they are so comfortable with me that they move and run and play. Oh well. My wife likes enough to keep her happy so I'm ok with it. Thanks for the compliment!

Well, I think that is pretty normal. I don't have kids, but I do take pics of kids :) From the time they are mobile to the time they can really listen to directions, I would rather do location shots and let the kids do what they want to do (play) and take pictures around them instead of trying to force them to do something they don't want to do.

Cute kids though. They did pretty good I think!

I usually don't have problems with kids and the studio setting... I agree that I like the location stuff better for this age though. Thanks for the compliments as well!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back