photography and school

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by typicalteen, Jan 23, 2006.

1. typicalteen

typicalteen TPF Noob!

hello all, i havent posted here in a while but i was looking for some advice

i am 16 and a sophmore in high school with an (obvious) interest in photography. i also know that there are a lot of people in my school who are either already involved with photography or want to be. i want to organize something photography related to be distributed around school in order to encourage people to become involved. the first thing i thought of was something like a photo journal where people could submit photos to be compiled, printed, and ultimately distributed. the biggest problem is money, because i know participation would not be a restricting factor. i would need to somehow get the money to print a lot of copies of photos that need to look good. then i had another idea. maybe i could organize a magazine for the arts that would include things like photos, paintings, poetry, stories, essays, etc. then i could raise money around town in name of "the arts."

how does this sound to everyone here?

all other ideas of things i could do or incorporate are extremely welcome

2. markc

markc TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    To get a good reproduction of photos on multiple copies would be rather expensive. Have you thought of an on-line 'zine? I think a paper magazine would be great, but from what I've heard, it's really, really hard to keep them going due to costs.

3. Fate

Fate TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    maybe your school would help fund it....although sying that... i doubt mine would :)

4. markc

markc TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I came across this: http://www.outdooreyes.com/photo109.php3
    There's [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1875750215/ref=ase_theworsleypre-20/002-0816593-4181638?s=books&v=glance&n=283155&tagActionCode=theworsleypre-20"]this[/ame] and similar books.