Photography Blog Ideas and Help

iKokomo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am looking at adding a blog to my photo/video website and I had a couple of questions about this. I do use SmugMug for this.

1. I am planning on putting some aerial DJI photos with a writeup on them and stories behind some of my more unique shoots. That way I can use photos and words to help with SEO. What are some other good, fun ideas for a blog that is tied to my photo / business?

2. Should I post using SmugMug's not so easy to use blog tool, or should I open a very powerful wordpress blog and tie it to my smugmug website?

Thanks for you help!

I can't say much to the effect of having a blog as I've never had one.. However, I can tell you that I do not prefer to hop around multiple sites just to see someone's work. Even if I am intrigued, it's best to be able to see and experience it all from one site. Remember, people these days have extremely short attention spans when it comes to browsing the web. Don't make them hunt!

You could use a WordPress framework (since it sounds like you prefer it) and then use a plugin to display your SmugMug portfolio.. Like this plugin: WordPress › Photonic Gallery for Flickr, Picasa, SmugMug, 500px, Zenfolio and Instagram « WordPress Plugins

Here's one of very few examples:
gallery-post.png

What this will do, is keep all of your images uploaded to SmugMug's awesome and unlimited storage, but also keep everything available from your blog site. It, to my knowledge, would appear to the viewer as though everything is on one site

Most reactions

New Topics

Back