Photography course in NYC

cloudmorning

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,

I'm new here. Can someone recommend a good photography course in NYC? I'm not looking for a degree in photography, just a short course to cover technical basics of using a digital SLR camera. I don't want to do online course.

Thank you!

Claud G

This is a great place top notch people and education.

www.icp.org

100dollars for 2 hours.. be at my house in the am.. seriosuly .. lol

Cooper Union is a great place. They have some good teachers, and the cost is reasonable. I would recommend it.

Otherwise if you are willing to wait until January I'll see if there is enough interest in a basic digital camera workshop one Saturday afternoon - the only cost would be the room or studio hire, and that would be shared. (In case there is any confusion, this suggestion has nothing to do with Cooper Union).

Best,
Helen

Helen, thanks, the course at Cooper Union is in Feb, so I have time. Are you a professional instructor?

im down for this too

Helen, thanks, the course at Cooper Union is in Feb, so I have time. Are you a professional instructor?

Sometimes people pay me to teach, but I'm not a professional instructor. I also run, or used to run, quite a lot of free workshops. Neighborhood sort of things.

OtherBob,

Hi neighbor. I have often thought about doing an informal workshop for a small group in Clinton Community Garden, where most of my 'Garden Notebooks' series was taken.

Best,
Helen

Hi - you know, in looking at that series earlier I had the feeling they might have been from the garden. (The fences looked familiar.) Very nice.

If you ever want to hold that type of workshop there, I'd definitely be interested...particularly in the spring. If you do, please let me know - and let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Best,
Bryan

Hello can someone tell me if it is better to learn Photography from an online course or a study at home course, and why?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back