Photography Course Question

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by chrisburke, Nov 24, 2008.

1. chrisburke

chrisburke TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    is anyone familiar with Jodies Coston's Free Online Photography Course

any idea if its any good? my mom just recently got a new camera, and she wants to learn the finer points.. shes not quite ready to drop money for a course (like the one at proudphotography) but i think she might eventually..

2. laam999

laam999 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I used this website to learn about photography in the beggining, I personally think its a great learning resource but don't expect it to teach you everything, there is a lot you need to find yourself, great place to start I think tho

3. ann

ann No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    i reviewed a few of the lessons.

they seem very intense and full of good information.

it will depend on the type of learner your mom is; perhaps it would be a good start for her.

have you check to see if there is a local school, or community college that may give classes in beginner photography? It can be handy to have someone as a resource for asking direction questions.
    also, in a structured class there should be weekly assignments which tend to keep folks on point. There is nothing like hands on learning, especially with these cameras.

ps. i teach photography, so i do have some bases for making these suggestions

Last edited: Nov 24, 2008