Photography exam "View points"

Artemis

Just Punked Himself
Reaction score
Website
www.falcon-eye.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey...I got my photography exam a little while ago, and I have to do it on View Points...and im kinda stuck for ideas.

I was wondering if anyone could give me soime ideas or topics related to View points....all it has to be is a photo related to that matter...or...more...a lot of photos.

Any help is appreciated, thanks guys!

Help us a bit here.

Is it an illustrated written exam, an essay, or a collection of photos?

One thing to consider is that if the set title was "View Points", you may have the opportunity to be more wide in your coverage than just landscapes. You could try to include stuff that exemplfies differing points of view, political, religious. You could maybe even do some nice macro stuff, to show how different things look from unusual angles.

Its a collection of photos mate.

And as for you ideas, thanks, ill take them into account...religion I could do...politics would be hard to photograph.

Are we talking physical viewpoints? As in from above, from below, vanishing point etc?
I very much like the metaphorical ideas as well.

I dont think there are rules...its simply the world....View Points...like in our monthly challenge...but I have to take/develope/present the images in 8 hours :(

Post the actual question wording, Arty. Then we can offer more suggestions.
Some of us have *cough* a little experience of Photography exams ;-)

Well I would...but its about 3 paragraphs long...

To shorten it down a tad, just reading the top and bottom

The theme this year is 'Viewpoints'

(3 paragraphs later)

There are many forms of interpreting viewpoints, which would include.

@ A line from A to B

@ A way of thinking

@ A way of looking

@ Above, below, across.

It can also be:

@ Influenced

@ Influential

@ Objective

@ Subjective

Your approach may embrace one, some or all of thw above. You are encouredged to experiment and to be creative in interpreting the theme by responding in individual and highly personal ways.

If you want ill post the three paragraphs, but give me a week to re type them...alternativly I could scan the page...

Looks to me like pretty much anything is acceptable. They just want you to have a reason for taking the photograph before you take it.

Look at your photos and see what sort of perspective they are looking at the world from. Getting into the frame of mind could help and carry over to what you think before you take the shot.

Lets see.
Get down on your knees and take a shot of a shop counter which has a sweet rack nearby. Child.
Take a shot of a half eaten packet of chips sitting at the top of a street bin. Down-and-out.
A picture of a dogs arse. Dog.

Just be creative.

well Arti, I don't know if it is too late but maybe go around every church in your city, no matter if thats chritian, buddist, jews church... and take a shot of crucifix that is characteristic for each religion... I'd go for this :)

for me it will be very metaphorical, showing different aspects of seeing the world and reliogion all over the world. So you'll get more points for metaphorical meaning of your pictures.

Just on my way out but thought I'd throw a quick idea.
- The election is on, so why not look for something topical. I'm sure you could easily find two houses with differnt election signs outside. An interesting photo of a labour photo next to a conservative photo would be great. Even better if you could get the home owners to stand outside next to the signs. I'm sure they'd oblige if you explained what it was for.

Looks like you've gotten some great ideas. I once did a project where I showed in object in a room - one wide angle, one closer and one macro.

Most reactions

Back