Photography in Airports?

leopardforest

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
What do you think of taking pictures in airports? Because I am currently sitting here in an airport (flight is delayed) and I would like to take some photographs but I am hesitant. Do you think that this is one of the areas photographs shouldn't be taken because of past events? Just curious to hear you opinions.

If you have a DSLR, chances are, you will be hassled. If you have a P&S, not many will think twice of it....

Because its the ones with the $5000 camera that are going to be the terrorist....:er:

Yes that is what I was thinking. So I guess that is the case: if you have a p&s your are tourist or just some myspacer, but if you have a real camera you are a spy.

Damn...we humans are too judgmental some times.

Yes that is what I was thinking. So I guess that is the case: if you have a p&s your are tourist or just some myspacer, but if you have a real camera you are a spy.

Damn...we humans are too judgmental some times.

Yup, and you know in reality, it's going to be the opposite.

Kinda makes me want to get THIS lens, and run arround all incognito humming the mission impossible song... :lol:

Just paint it camouflage and no one would notice. Except security would freak.

When they confronted me, I would freeze, stop humming the song, and whisper "if I'm totally still, they can't see me"

Haha I'm seeing a SNL skit here....

I've taken pictures in airports with my dSLR on several occasions, and no one has said anything. I knew it might attract attention and figured I'd either talk my way out of it, or just delete the pics if they got uppity.

Just don't be surprised if someone says something. When I was in school in Boston, cops and workers always gave looks if you pulled out a camera around the subway stations, and the teachers always warned us not try.

I've done it in the airport, done it on the plane on the ground, and on the plane in the air. Never been bothered.

Yup, and you know in reality, it's going to be the opposite.

Kinda makes me want to get THIS lens, and run arround all incognito humming the mission impossible song... :lol:

When they confronted me, I would freeze, stop humming the song, and whisper "if I'm totally still, they can't see me"

Haha I'm seeing a SNL skit here....
Hahahaha... you gave me a good laugh this morning... thanks :lol::lol::lol:

I got hassled at the Airport myself when they told me that I cannot take pictures even though there isnt no signs saying you cant....it just depends what airport you at and how picky they want to be.

i've only been hasseled in security checkpoints. after that in the waiting area i've never had any probs. however to illustrate just how silly the whole system is...
i was getting off a cruise at the port of miami (not an airport but the same principle applies) and i had a point and shoot just hanging from my wrist (not using it). they told me to put it away as this was a security checkpoint. at the same time, they neglected to mention anything about the two big diving knives, a bottle of wine, and half a bottle of liquor i was carrying... out in the open, totally visable. i could have been a drunk knife fighter. but that was ok, as long as my camera was in my pocket.

I've done it in the airport, done it on the plane on the ground, and on the plane in the air. Never been bothered.
Are you bragging? :eyebrows:

Anyway! I've shot with my K10 in a couple of airports with no hassles. I shot at the planes in Hong Kong International, Kuala Lumpur and Calgary. No one suspected me at all.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back