Photography is helping with my weight loss (70 lbs so far)

I don't want people to fight. Maybe 70 pounds is the size of a 10 or 11 year old. Those are small females too.

I'm moving to south city next month, 44 and Jefferson. I work at Schiller's Camera, I'm the photo retouch artist.

Brad sold me my 40D. One of my dad's favorite photos of me is when I was about 5 and he was testing out his camera in the store and you can even see the red and white checkerboard pattern on the ground in the photo

Brad's a good guy, to bad he is leaving us. He is moving to the state of Washington to work with his sister in the fake nails industry....!

I'm moving to south city next month, 44 and Jefferson. I work at Schiller's Camera, I'm the photo retouch artist.

Brad sold me my 40D. One of my dad's favorite photos of me is when I was about 5 and he was testing out his camera in the store and you can even see the red and white checkerboard pattern on the ground in the photo

Brad's a good guy, to bad he is leaving us. He is moving to the state of Washington to work with his sister in the fake nails industry....!

fake nails...? Um... what?

Wow, that's a LOT of weight to lose!!

I was going to mention that I once lost nearly 300 lbs…but I see Lew has already beaten me to that punchline. That was in 1997, when my ex- departed. :lol:

I do think that the time I spent out hiking, stalking birds to photograph played a part in losing about 40 pounds between late 2012 and early 2014.
Since then, I seem to have found about 20 of those pounds again. Just this morning, I decided that it's gotta come off again…and with spring here now, maybe I can get out and do some of that photography and bird stalking that may help get these extra pounds back off.

Congrats! 70lbs is most of a small female! Hell of a job!
Err ... 35kg is a female ? Of what species, exactly ?!? Unless you talk about kids or really short starving models, I dont see how anyone would fit into just 35kg.

My son's 21-year-old girlfriend probably doesn't weigh 75 pounds soaking wet.
I have several short…err, petite…friends who weigh somewhere between 90-100 pounds, maybe 110. So yeah, I could see saying that 70 lbs. is *MOST* of a small female. Certainly well over half of one, anyway.
But I believe that was mostly an expression, meaning, "WOW, that's a LOT of weight to lose!!" It's not always necessary to be mathematically precise in these things. :048:

I was going to mention that I once lost nearly 300 lbs…but I see Lew has already beaten me to that punchline. That was in 1997, when my ex- departed. :lol:

I do think that the time I spent out hiking, stalking birds to photograph played a part in losing about 40 pounds between late 2012 and early 2014.
Since then, I seem to have found about 20 of those pounds again. Just this morning, I decided that it's gotta come off again…and with spring here now, maybe I can get out and do some of that photography and bird stalking that may help get these extra pounds back off.

Err ... 35kg is a female ? Of what species, exactly ?!? Unless you talk about kids or really short starving models, I dont see how anyone would fit into just 35kg.

I have several short…err, petite…friends who weigh somewhere between 90-100 pounds, maybe 110. So yeah, I could see saying that 70 lbs. is *MOST* of a small female. Certainly well over half of one, anyway.
But I believe that was mostly an expression, meaning, "WOW, that's a LOT of weight to lose!!" It's not always necessary to be mathematically precise in these things. :048:

You are stronger than I am.

But anyways I didn't get into photography until about 6 months ago. I was down about 40 pounds before I decided to do this. But this is certainly important to it now. It's a nice addition to my 45 minute marathons in the morning and my lifting 3 days a week. I hike about once a week but even just walking around out back in my bare feet with my camera is helpful. It helps me want to get outdoors more. And another thing is that I do a lot of projects for other people with it. Like right now I'm doing a macrophotography project for all my cousins and in order to do that, I had to dig up my mom's garden in the back that she hasn't planted in years. And I carried about 700 pounds worth of top soil and then a few 40 pound bags of fertilizer back there and spent 2 weeks plowing, tilling, shoveling, raking, and planting. All so I could get some shots of different flowers for my cousins.

But anyways I didn't get into photography until about 6 months ago. I was down about 40 pounds before I decided to do this. But this is certainly important to it now. It's a nice addition to my 45 minute marathons in the morning and my lifting 3 days a week. I hike about once a week but even just walking around out back in my bare feet with my camera is helpful. It helps me want to get outdoors more. And another thing is that I do a lot of projects for other people with it. Like right now I'm doing a macrophotography project for all my cousins and in order to do that, I had to dig up my mom's garden in the back that she hasn't planted in years. And I carried about 700 pounds worth of top soil and then a few 40 pound bags of fertilizer back there and spent 2 weeks plowing, tilling, shoveling, raking, and planting. All so I could get some shots of different flowers for my cousins.

And you think *I'm* stronger???
Heck, when I want flower macros, if there's nothing blooming in the yard on its own already--I go to the store, buy a nice floral bouquet, bring it home, and snap away! :biglaugh:

fake nails...? Um... what?
I know, right? Says he'll make much more money's. I mean, I don't make a fortune but I LOVE my job.

And you think *I'm* stronger???
Heck, when I want flower macros, if there's nothing blooming in the yard on its own already--I go to the store, buy a nice floral bouquet, bring it home, and snap away! :biglaugh:

um... that's kind of what I did for the first few pictures of this project. And I might do that with all the other ones. But then I'll plant them and then see what happens lol. But seriously I can easily admit when I meet someone stronger or wiser or smarter than me. And I'm proud to have known them.

Most reactions

Back