photography is not a crime, foo

I've been wanting to get light trails too (ever since that other thread started this TPF trend), I think I will soon. Your pics are improving fast. You learned quicker than I did, which is impressive because a lot of people told me I was picking things up quick.

:blushing:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! eeee that just made me so happy thanks. but yeah i did want my photos to look yellow.

haha glad to hear, you'll probably blow past me in 8 months at this rate, of course, I'll have 8 months to improve as well but you'll be where I am now, I'll be 8 months ahead of that. Christmas eve marks my 1st year with a camera (yes my XT was my first camera period) Yeah you're doing great though, you have every right to be happy. I agree with La Photo, start learning the aperture, it can get a tad bit confusing but after reading on the effects, you start to pick it up really quick in practice, with the camera in your hand.

yes apeture and exposure are things that are boggling my mine but i want to learn because i want to play around with HDR. i love the effects. but thanks again. yeah ive had my d40 for about 2 weeks now. ive had my nikon coolpix for about 2 years, altho i didnt really take pictures of anything else but myself hahaha. and congrats on your one year ani! it will be fun to watch everyone progress

haha thanks. i still dont know what jaundiced means tho

Too yellow. And not in a good way. The yellow is too distracting, although with a better hand at post processing it could have been better.

Who knows.

*clears thorat* well i was pretty stoked because i figured out how to manually adjust my shutter spped. thus making some pretty sweet photos. anywho, i wanted to do an attempt at traffic light trails. the only problems were, that it was around 2:30 a.m., wet cuz it was raining, and the highway was about 10 minutes away. well i was like ahhh ill go another time, ill just practice out front. well i got carried away and i found myself at the bridge taking pictures of light trails. oh, my pregnant wandering head. so i was walking around with this bulky ass tripod lookin like a mad woman. im sure i looked like a looney and apparently, the cop agreed. well i was taking pictures of this church on the same bridge and he pulls over and im like ohhhhhhh haiiii im just taking pitcures...for what?...ughhh for fun?....oh okay whats your name?....lorielle i live right down the block....ohhhh i mean just seems a lil odd thats all....yeahhhhhhhhh......well i just wanted to make sure you're okay....yeah im fine thanks. cops always make me sweat even when im not doing anything wrong. well i guess i was, b/c im under 18....
so anway i dont regret because i think i got some really sweet shots. streetlights are really beautiful. well, i this is what i got two soaking slippers and one conversation with a cop later:
You're lucky its only happened to you once. I've had the police visit me 4 times. Everytime the police come to visit me I miss my subject, the trains. The first encounter I had, there was a train that was just waiting for the dispatcher to give him a signal and when the cop pulled up and started talking to me, the conductor yelled out the window, "He's just taking pictures" and then the cop left. The second time, they cop just asked me questions and then left. The third time, I was next to a railroad crossing that I often visit and the cop didn't belive that someone could find train interesting enough to spend hours standing next to the tracks taking pictures of them. He ended up asking me for my name, age, DOB, height, weight, hair color, eye color, home address, home phone number, Social Security Number, and a website where I posted my pictures. The fourth time really wasn't that bad, the cop originally thought that I was stranded (the place where I take pictures is a dirt patch next to an intersection). I told him I wasn't and explained what I was doing and that this had happened before. He left after a couple minutes.

thats ridiculous. why are the pigs such haters?

they're scared that's why and that transfers into a need to control....I could go on but....police are not all bad, they are just not taught these days to be as flexible as they used to. When they hassle just stay calm and alert, be polite and totally aware of your rights. In the end if your not able to get a satisfactory outcome for you, move on is the best policy.

they're scared that's why and that transfers into a need to control....I could go on but....police are not all bad, they are just not taught these days to be as flexible as they used to. When they hassle just stay calm and alert, be polite and totally aware of your rights. In the end if your not able to get a satisfactory outcome for you, move on is the best policy.
If they're actually scared, they would just avoid the encounter altogether. It's more of a standard procedure to keep things in-check. It's their job to watch over suspicious activities. Of course they do that in spite of the exceptions like photographers taking photos of night scenes, because it's convenient and effective.

best way to ward off a cop.. have a "business" card. they approach you you take it out, snap the shot turn back to them and ask whats wrong. i was at the beach one time cop approached me gave them my card i turned around and they were gone.

light trails are TONS of fun, i live on a busy street and do them all the time. its really good if you can get a few cars all going the same way at about the same distance from eachother, but each car a little different sized (like SUV mini van compact) and then each trail is a bit different.

your doing much better :)! and just start reading up aperature seems confusing now but you'll get it
also the shot of you came out well, even if you were just holding the camera above your head

Most reactions

Back