jmarquezphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am in the process of setting up a fitness shoot for an UMASS college student who is pursuing a career in fitness. I need ideas for indoor locations that will accommodate my three light setup and the use of white seamless for certain looks. I have several shoots lined up in warehouses, gyms etc locally to where I live. This particular shoot is an hour away for me so scouting locations is becoming difficult. If anyone has any ideas warehouses, abandoned buildings (that I can legally enter), gyms etc please let me know. The shoot is set for Nov 22 so it'll be here before I know it. I appreciate all the help I can get, thanks.

It's been a LONG time since I was in the Amherst area (I taught at UMass for 3 years, lived in Amherst, Belchertown and Northampton) so I won't give you specific site recommendations. But there are a couple of options for other places to look:
--Dojo's or karate studios...for a nominal fee you should be able to shoot at one of them and it will look like a workout/fitness setting.
--Dance studio.
--Try a couple of shots of your subject running the stairs at the UMass library.
--Also, parking garages are good...I see athletes training in them all the time in bad weather

Thanks Joe, those are some great suggestions. I typically shoot outdoors but now with the weather getting a little cooler I need to move things indoors. The parking garage sounds great, have you ever shot in one before? If so when and what time do you shoot to avoid any cars?

Most reactions

Back