Photography Newbie

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by aniashapiro, Sep 2, 2008.

1. aniashapiro

aniashapiro TPF Noob!

Hello all! Another fresh face to the boards!
    My name's Ania and after experiencing a premature quarter-life crisis, I've set my sights on becoming a fantastic photographer!! I'd like to pursue this venture with the reckless determination I have pursued my other ventures with.

But enough about me :lol::lol::lol:

I was wondering what model camera you wouuld recommend to a newbie like me? I had a Nikon camera last year, but unfortunately it met its fate against my ex-girlfriend's bedroom wall. Such a pity. Though I hesitate to admit it, I have little clue into the particulars of photography so I find myself drawn to this forum in the hopes of extracting the wisdom of you "experts" ;) to help me.

I would like the camera to cost within the $1,500 to $4,000 price range because though I am extremely affluent, I do have multitudes of other burgeoning talents to foster in my limited free time. Thank you en advance!

2. VegasS2k

VegasS2k TPF Noob!

d200's are nice and if you can afford a D700 that would be even better. sadly i could only afford a D40 but a friend let me borrow his D300 and i absolutly loved it.. they came out with the D700 recently but i dont know how much those cost..

3. Mitica100

Mitica100 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Welcome aboard Ania. Remember it's not the camera that makes or breaks a picture, if you are as good as you think you are, grab a film SLR and go at it. There are plenty around for much cheaper than $4,000! If you really want to spend that much, perhaps a Leica M6 and a good lens? Just an idea...

4. aniashapiro

aniashapiro TPF Noob!

Hello, thank you for your warm welcomings. I look forward to purchasing a camera and being an active member on these boards.

- Ania A. Shapiro
    god bless