Photography Occupation

It's both an avocation and a vocation for me. It's my favorite hobby that also happens to pay the bills and buy me new toys.
I take photos, create frames, and print the photos in a variety of formats (canvas, paper, posterboard, etc) and sell the complete packages. I have also done some banner jobs for various cities and events across the country.
You can see my work at State Fairs (I just finished the AZ State Fair on the 30th and had considered going to the Louisiana State Fair in Shreveport until the 13th, but opted for some well earned time off. The 2 events overlapped by three days so I would have missed the last 3 of one or the first 3 of the other anyways), in galleries like the Blue Sky in Portland and others, and at a lot of trade shows, exhibitions, festivals and other events.

I'm a dentist who wishes he could do photography full time. However, the balance on my student loans means that I won't be changing careers any time soon!!! (I do love what I do though).

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Thank you all for sharing your professions here.. Great to hear that most of the people had been continued their photography profession for a long time period!! :icon_salut:

Most reactions

Back