Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tonyaap20

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am a photographer who is not new to photography just new to the business aspect. I wish you all would check out my site and see what you think! I serve the North Georgia Area, and I offer very low prices!

WWW.PHOTOGRAPHYOFTHESOUTH.NET

Tell me what you think!

$125 for 5 hours of wedding shooting?
Really? You have got to be kidding.

Didn't make it as far as the prices but I did find it (though nice to look at initially) frustrating to browse and the options and such (like portfolio) are hard to read...

$125 for 5 hours of wedding shooting?
Really? You have got to be kidding.

Yeah dude, bump that up a bit... for 5 hours of wedding shooting, you could (if I'm not mistaken) do AT LEAST $500... You're selling yourself short there ;)

the blog interface is better.

the website isn't good. annoying animated folio...only able to preview the lady in yellow. pokey little info-frame that tells me to scroll, daft Dickensian fonts that distract me. menu bar that loses section-titles as i look around..and now i'm confused, lost and bored.

the blog interface is simpler and better but just seems to inform me that you're puzzlingly cheap and need the work. i'm not sure it's useful to talk shop in front of the customers. if cheapness is a Unique Selling Point, inform me why (and put it right in my face.)

sell me a service in 30 seconds. i have cash to spend but i'm lazy and probably have ADD..why should i use you? sell me one service well rather than half a dozen in a vague way.

i'm sure there's a market for your photography. it's probably local people who want to to see a few decent shots, get an idea of price and directly contact you. that can be done with one, static webpage (a blog).

I clicked on your link. It took me over two minutes to get your Portfolio page displayed,and the photos that popped up were not of very good quality. The whole web site is slow,slow,slow. I would much rather see a single page that loads in 15-20 seconds and which can display individual portraits quickly. I have high-speed internet access, and so 90 seconds spent staring at a page with a circle slowly being drawn around the words "My Portfolio" is simply unacceptable--a page on SmugMug or even pBase would be preferable.

People like you devalue the industry...

Also what equipment do you have?

As for the business end of it.... I am no expert... The pricing may be low...E ven though I didn't look at all your work, it seems pretty good... Don't undersell yourself. :).

The Web site design also needs work. Its hard to read the links on your home page... that background might make a nice picture. But it is not a good choice for a Web page background (very distracting IMO). And remember... if people have to wait for a Web site to load... they are just as likely to go to one that loads faster. Tweak it so that your site loads as fast as possible (smaller image sizes that link to larger ones they can look at) and so on...

Keep it simple, solid complementary colors... yada yada. Make it a two step process...

• Get a business plan together

• Get a Web page together
Once you have your business plan straight, then move on to the Web design. Or have someone else do it for you. Don't try to do both at once.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back