photography pet peaves

I used to have one of these cameras, where you simply couldn't turn the dumb thing off reliably. I used electrical tape over the flash.

I've cinsidered this for the T-3D, but the composition of the camera makes me question how well it would work...and then the thoughts got killed off completely during the third roll of film in it when I took some fifteen or more flash needed pics :lmao:

Photography forums that take my time from the real reason is am at the computer !?!? ;):D

"Why do you bring the cumbersome camera?" (SLR)
While seeing a woman setting a shot with a tripod: "How can she bring that silly stuff on a holiday?" (roughly translated)
After I set a landscape pic "Why do you want to take that pic without me in it?"

My worse pet peeve as far as photography is reading posts on forums such as this where the so-called experts don't want to help the newcomers. I am not saying that this happens on this forum, but I have seen many online forums where this occurs on a regular basis. For reasons that I haven't quite figured out yet, snobbery runs rampant in the field of photography. My next worse peeve is when I walk into a local national chain camera store and automatically I am an idiot who doesn't know @#$% from shinola and then the expert salesperson turns out to be dumber than dumb. This is the reason that I purchase photo gear exclusively online.

My personal pet eeve is currently being covered in another thread. I cant stand people who seem to suggest that you need some kind of "qualification" to buy a certain kind of gear. If I am a brand new photographer and I want to (and can afford) buy a Nikon D3 with a 17-55 2.8 and an SB-800 so be it that's what I'm gonna do.

For reasons that I haven't quite figured out yet, snobbery runs rampant in every hobby and all over the world in every subject and situation.
There, I fixed that for you. Because though you have interest and experience in this particular hobby, thus your specifying photography, it isn't only this one. It is every hobby from motorcycles, to racing, to RC flying.

And I agree, I hate snobbery too.

I have been doing photography for about 2 years now (wow i just relized it has been two years) and worked at ritz camera.

1. my number one pet peeve is people not getting prints right. When i worked at wolf camera my boss would contanstly tell me not to reprint a order if they didnt come out right unless the people "noticed".

2. not having enough time to shoot

I think alot of people with P&S camreas dont know how to turn the flash off so it just goes off all the time, or they dont think it will make a diffrence.

ha, Sorry about that i didnt know that there was two pages, i was posting that from the first page. It is really cool to see a thread that i started get this many posts though :]

Never really had any peeves until today. I was out shooting in a historical town known for it's performing arts and boasting brilliant architecture. As I was composing a shot of some downtown buildings along the main road, a car slowly drove by with some immature dirt bag hanging out the passenger window teasing me. Is it really that uncool to take pictures these days? Some people seem to have some real issues.

People making "Camera Faces" when you try to take candids. A large number will either try to turn away their face and close their eyes or make goofy, tounge wagging, eyes popping uberwide faces. I'm talking mostly of friends and family that know you like to photograph, not just random people on the street.

"pix"
"photochop"
jet contrails

and otherwise laws that prevent me from slapping people on the back of the head when they have it coming.

I guess not directly a photography pet peeve, more like a digital file pet peeve -- 300 DPI..

I do Fine Art Reproduction professionally and people request JPGs for magazines, art shows, etc, and despite the fact that they have no clue what it means, they all need files at 300DPI. They have no idea what the image size, or pixel dimensions should be, just that they need it to be 300DPI..

No matter how many times I explain it, nobody gets that 3x4 @ 300 DPI is very different then 24x36 @ 300 DPI..

:banghead:

Most reactions

Back