Photography Portfolio Site

LuminatX

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.trevorroberts.tk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, seeing as a lot of you on here have been in the game longer then I have.
I'm calling upon you to give my site a check, and tell me if you think certain things should be changed, or maybe added in. (a little C&C)

Keep in mind that I've created the whole site by myself, and I've never taken anything in post secondary school, so I've basically been self taught.

A little C&C on my photography would be appreciated as well if you've got the time.

All help is greatly appreciated!

http://www.whitelightphoto.tk

mmk, if you insist...

Free website host - free domain with URL cloaking (thats what I think they called it back in the day). This is fine if the site is about showing off some pics to mates, but if you are planning to make a business out of this (as the WhiteLight Photography name suggests), please reconsider :)

"Website best viewed in..." is dangerous territory. When the browser wars were in full swing it could be understandable but now it tends to announce that you haven't checked page compatibility.

As for the photos, you say you are after a portfolio, I would say cut back on the amount you have. Your portfolio is what you are about and is the best of the best. Heck I've been shooting 10 years now, I think I might have barely a dozen images I would consider worthy of a portfolio.

But all that said, its a photography themed website. Can you tell us what exactly you have planned for this site? is it just a place to share your photos? are you going into business? It's hard to give too much insight when I don't know who this website is aimed for.

Well this site was mainly started to share the photos with my friends and such.
Then I started thinking it would make a good reference for freelance work.
and possibly a good thing to show if i decide i want to take photography in College/University.

As for the free hosting/cloaking. it is only this way as I dont have the money to buy a domain at the moment.

I was not able to click through the images in each gallery, which was kind of a bummer. Maybe I missed something? Also it is a good idea to provide captions or at least titles to your photos. Other then that the site looks good.

As far as the photography goes I would edit the images down to 12 or 14 total. If you are interested in freelance work that is a whole other story. First figure out what kind of freelance work you are interested in. Retail, commercial, editorial the list goes on and on. Then tailor the images to that genre.

Love & Bass

Nice photos - a couple of comments on the site:

Your home page should feature photos that draw the viewer in and make him want to see more of your work. Your galleries are organized fine - but you should have a portfolio of a select few images that you really want to show off (demonstrate your wow factor). This would be perfect for your home page. Consider either a flash-based slide show or at least a set of images the visitor can click through manually.

In your galleries, you absolutely need navigation from one image to the next. It is tedious to open each image individually and then close it.

In your "about me" page, get rid of the list of equipment. Instead tell the viewer a little more about yourself - what draws you to photography, etc. It definitely looks more pro not to list out every piece of gear you use (especially if your gear is not pro!) Keep up the good work on the photos - it is always fun to share.

Nice site,but definitely need navigation from one picture to the next.

Nice site,but definitely need navigation from one picture to the next.

I totally agree with you on this.
I just haven't figured out how to do that yet.
(so far the only fallback on being self taught, I don't know how to do everything lol)
So if anyone has expertise and can help me, please!! :)

check out a VB script called Lightbox 2...
ver2.0 is very similar to what you have, but has photo to photo viewing... it's very slick.

it's also fairly easy to set up... (and free!)

Alright so I've gave it a shot, seems to be working, will just take some time to recode my pages.
I think I'm going to go through all my images, and delete ones I dont see worthy (or my best)
and Also go about resizing them all to one common size.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back