Photography rig help

deslamps

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone,

I own a lamp and light fitting sales company called deslamps and am undergoing a website re-design. To go with the new website, I wish to take professional photographs of all of the light bulbs I am selling. I need the photographs to be uniform in exposure and colour, to keep it all uniform on the website.
I understand that I will need a digital SLR camera (prefably with a remote shutter switch), a tripod, a light cube and 2 external light sources (daylight bulbs).
I currently have a light cube and I am looking at buying the canon 400D camera. I have also seen a lot of people talking about editing the photos afterwards, but I dont think I will be able to do this, as I need every photo to be uniform, especially in the back ground colour.

Does anyone have any suggestions for any different cameras, and any information about the rest of the rig I need would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance :wink:
Duncan Munday (deslamps)

Deslamps, don't take this wrong but to have a professional photograph you need two things. First is a photograph and the next is obviously a professional.

If the photo's are important to you you will be better served in hiring someone who already knows what to do and how to do it. Faster and Cheaper in the long run.

If you are using this as an excuse to buy a camera, just get the camera and the next time you need photography for you web site you will be ready.

This is probably one of those times when mixing business and pleasure is not a good idea.

mike

Most reactions

Back