Photography Schools

ZacKrohn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
oporange.craized.net
Hey everyone. Well after a long absence I’m back. I've been taking a great class at school. Learning developing and printing and the wonderful world of the darkroom. Anyhow I know I have asked this question before but this time I am going to be more specific. I am currently looking at two colleges:
The Academy of Art College in San Francisco
and
Brooks Institute
I know sort of the basics around both: Brooks is a really great technical school and SF is also a good school but more orientated towards the arts. However I was hoping that someone here is going/has gone to one of these schools and can give me some of the less known information on them. Thanks in advance
-Zac

A friend of mine started going to Brooks. It is technical, and from the sounds of it, and only technical. They don't touch on the art aspect at all. I don't know how you can separate the two so completely over the course of your degree without losing something along the line. I guess it really depends on what people want out of it, but to me that seems so... soulless. RIT's BFA in Photography goes the other way. Student's don't touch much of the equipment RIT has to offer. Personally, I'd want a mix. (Dont know about SF.)

Most reactions

Back