Photography Society

Jeffro

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
infinitecustoms.forumotion.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
What do yall think about Photography clubs. Me and a friend went to one meeting so far and they seem pretty cool and very quick to help. Most of the Photographers are older and been in the business for years. I think they could help alot with getting started in this hobby and teaching me the ins and outs.

They are connected to about 40 more clubs around about 5 states. here is their website!

http://www.lafayettephotographicsociety.org/

Good Learning Tool?

i've signed up for one ... the club meetings will start as of September.
kinda looking forward to it cuz they go on "field trips" and then discuss the photos. :D

i sound like a nerd :(

i sound like a nerd :(

only to people that don't have hobbys (or hobbies).

where did you guys find these clubs? i've been interested but haven't really been able to find any info.
i found a few clubs at the Henry's Camera Show (annual photography show) and then after learning about them came home and googled information. there's quite a few in Toronto.

Certainly attend if you can - its great to meetup and discuss things with them, pick up tips and go on shooting trips - trips with non-photographers are ok, but they never waitup as your getting the shot and always winge if you so much as look like your going to carry more than one lens, let along actually let you change it over!

You will find most have an older membership, cameras are not cheap and so most younger people only get into the hobby through school gear or through keen parents donating gear down the line.

Meetup.com is also a great place to network. Also, check out Photography-on-the.net; they usually have local meetups that might be more robust and well attended. Plus its a good way to interact with the crowd BEFORE you come down (also a good way to scope out if any hot babes are gonna show up).

Google your city and photography clubs, but the best way I found out about the club I'm joining next month was through my camera store. And yes, they are a great idea - I just attended my first field trip and I learned a whole lot more then I thought I would.

Look for Flickr groups in your city too...we have a few very active Flickr groups here in Honolulu and the meets are generally really fun and well attended.

I highly recommend join clubs and groups.
This forum will only carry you so far. Getting together with a club will inspire you to do things you never would have thought about doing. It may turn out that you really like doing what you never thought you would do. Also, there is nothing like hands on help in the field, the lending of a flash or a lens that you don't have. Don't forget about making awesome new friends that you may get together with on the side and do "side trips".

Most reactions

New Topics

Back