Photography Workshops

L. Wood

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I would love some suggestions concerning photography workshops. I have been fine-tuning my photography for the past 3 1/2 years, via NYIP (not too thrilling) by trial and error, and assisting a professional photographer. I am a perfectionist, as well as, a hands-on person, who needs an intensive workshop in studio photography. I have used light sets, but what I really want is to experience an organized, nicely equipt studio and an instuctor that has done high-end work. I love editorial, fashion, commercial, and portrait photography. Does anyone have ideas for me? I have searched for over 4 months and most workshops I have found have been for outdoor photography. That I can continue to develop myself. There are so many brilliant photographers on this site, hopefully a few of you have already experienced what I hope to. Thankyou.

Find out what the very best photog within 100 miles of you charges to do a shoot and book one. When you get there pay rapt attention and also tell them what you are doing or at least that you have an interest in portraiture. They might even explain things and if they like you they might even let you hang around for a while.

Pay for the session and a print or 3 and write down every thing you saw. Wait a day and rewrite every thing you saw. Wait a week and review both sets of notes and you have just gotten the cheapest 'one on one' tutoring sessions you will find. ;)

mike

Mike, you're a clever guy. I'm going to look into that. I have a bit of a problem though. I actually have a grant from my local Biz center. I am an independent biz owner and I have to use the grant for education. Not that it wouldn't be education, but I have to have brochures or class format from the "workshop" or "class course" and that doesn't quite qualify. Still, it is a great idea and I will try to do it as well. Thanks so much for your idea!

No problem! Quite a number of photographers supplement their income and bolster their reputations by teaching. You may find that some one in your area fits that bill too.

mike

Well, I live in Oregon and I need to figure out what to do asap. Actually, I might have found a class in Boulder, CO. Not sure yet. Still working out the details.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back