Photomatix question

Jon0807

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I currently have the trial version of Photomatix and I really don't like how it works. It's really sluggish in the rendering. Granted my computer is somewhat old but even my Photoshop CS works faster than Photomatix. What I was wondering is if it's just the trial version that's limiting the performance or is this normal for Photomatix? I'm looking to play HDR and tone mapping but I don't want to shell out the money for Photomatix if it's going to act so sluggish. I would rather upgrade my CS1 to CS3.

Relatively speaking for my registerd version, it's slower than my cs3 application. That being said and since I don't HDR very often, it's bearable for me, although it really could be faster.

It's terribly slow to render 3 RAW's during the merge/aligin process.

-Roy

i have not noticed an issue, but i am also using a computer with a quad processor. but even on my older computer it was fine. remember it is working with a lot of information.

my issue is mostly when I slide the bars. It takes forever to render compared to PS which shows the preview almost instantly

it could be your graphics card limiting you.

i have a quad core processor with 2gb ram, and a 1gb graphics card, and it runs smoothly for my raw files from my 40D

I recently upgraded my pc from a 1.7ghz processor w/ 512mb ram to a newer 3.0 ghz duo core processor and 4gb ram. PS and Photomatix run so much better now. It's really quite amazing how much quicker that stuff runs. Also Panorama factory is running much smoother. That one was a real drain on resources. Photo editing software in general is really draining on resources especially if you are working w/ RAW files that are 10+ megs in size. When your PC gets to the point that its specs are about 50% of what newer systems are running, it's time to upgrade.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back