Photomicrography

Meysha

still being picky Vicky
Reaction score
Website
vickywall.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I didn't really know where to post this so I took a shot.

So I know we've got our little Macro Guessing Game thread, but you should check out what this guy does with a microscope! It's absolutely awesome the colours of these crystals and molecules that he gets.
http://www.oncloserinspection.com/

There are also movies of growing crystals that are amazing to watch.
What blew my mind were the cross polarized crystals. The colours = WOW!

BTW what is cross polarizing? Is it just putting two layers of polarizing filter infront of the camera - but so each of them have different effects.

This thread would be better off in the general forum I think. It's just like normal photography but with a different lens. I've given it a go using a reversed lens on a spotting scope. It's almost impossible to get a good focus because nothings stable but you get similar results.

BTW what is cross polarizing?
I think it's when you polarize the light source and have a polarizer on your lens. If you do it with plastics you get funky colours around the stress lines. Little rainbows.

Unimaxium said:
get yourself one of these, and you could make those yourself. Notice in the image that it has what looks like a D2X attached to the front :drool:

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did you check out the brochure for that thing! That is so awesome... and soooo expensive, i imagine. Too scared to even go looking for a price.

So it's just 'ultra' polarising? to put it in other words.

Here's what I understood:
You polarise the light from the flash so only polarised light is hitting the object.
Then the polariser on the camera takes care of the rest of the ambient light and also makes sure all the flash light is polarised.

Kind of.
When you polarize the flash light in one direction, you can control better what is going to pass through the polarizer filter. If you put two polarizer filters and cross them, there will be no light passing (99,99%)
It is a good way to make an adjustable neutral density filter :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back