can i keep this camera or upgrade to nikon d5300 or d7200?
Can i buy tamron 70 300 mm lens or 35mm prime...
I´d keep it for he moment and experiment as much as I can. Once you have the feeling you miss something specific, you are ready to think about upgrading. But before that shoot, shoot, shoot. Regarding lenses - that depends a lot on what you are trying to photograph. The ones you mentioned are very different - are you considering either or, or both?

Although there many who recommend manual for learning, I think most of the time it's much better to use one of the semi auto modes & just set the parameter that is most important to your shot.
For these sort of shots I'd be inclined to use Av mode setting the aperture for the DOF you want. Then leave the camera to sort out the right speed to go with that. This should allow the exposures to be acceptable without needing high ISO, and will also limit the amount you have to learn to get good shots.

I probably work in Av 80% of the time, switching to Tv (time value or shutter priority) when shutter speed is more critical than DOF. Manual only gets used when I need full control, or light levels are too dark for the cameras meter.

Getting the camera focused where you want may be another part of the problem if the images are soft as well as grainy.

Actually am not getting clear and sharp images , i want to print my pictures to album but images are always grainy..so i use mobile s7 edge which is good for printing pictures..but dslr gives more details when i crop the picture...

Actually am not getting clear and sharp images , i want to print my pictures to album but images are always grainy..so i use mobile s7 edge which is good for printing pictures..but dslr gives more details when i crop the picture...
Grain is a result of high ISO. Go out tomorrow with your camera and use an ISO of 100 - you´ll be happy, promised. Use petrochemists recommendation of Av to not underexpose your shot.

Use the Aperture Priority as mentioned above - Av and Tv is Canon terms for Aperture Priority and Shutter (Time) Priority.

Bascially, the Shutter 1/2000 is way more than you need for a landscape. 1/125 is plenty enough (and lower too). That is 4 stops slower. And your camera (which is in AUTO ISO as it starts out at 100, then changes for the image, then shows you 100 at the end) would lower by 4 stops, from ISO 11,404 to about 1,425.

The high ISO will add grain or fuzziness and lack of detail. Which is what you are trying to avoid.

So just lowering your shutter speed to something more normal is going the help **immensely**.

have you always had this problem with the camera? Try finding a lens at a store or see if a friend has one you can borrow, take some photos with the new lens and compare them with the photos you took with your lens. if the new lens photos are clear than you have a lens problem, if they are still blurry you might have a camera problem. do you hear any noise when you adjust the lens? dose the shot look clear when you look through the view port?

Are you sure your camera isn't set to manual focus? They honestly just seem out of focus.

everyone is being very polite but without the exif data its difficult to say. Even a screenshot would be helpful. As a general rule, it is not the camera's inability. Yes, of course images are edited before posting. Perhaps some comments on what in particular you don't like about the images would be helpful.

Most reactions

Back