Photos don't look right?

Lightsped

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
When I edit/process photos at home I get them looking fairly real or correct in my opinion.

When I go to work I notice that the same photos look very bright.

How do we know which monitor or settings to work with?

How do my photos look ovcrall? Too bright? Too saturated? About right?
http://www.500px.com/Lightsped

They look fine to me.

That why its important to have your personal computer/monitor calibrated and that's the one you go by assuming the calibration is true and accurate. They are bright and vibrant but I don't see them being overly bright on my screen,they look fine to me

Probably differences in the settings / calibration of the monitors. I've had two at work, side-by-side and one was darker than the other.

Agree my son had a toshiba laptop the screen turned up was so bright it looked washed out.I calibrated it just so he could tolerate looking at it for more then a few minutes.

Calibrate the monitor you are editing on, and then package the images in a color wrapper (digital pouch) to view on other monitors.

Your photos look fine, but slightly towards the warmer white balance on my Mac screen.

Its best to calibrate your monitor. Non-Mac seems to have a warmer white balance overall. I have personally compared between 3 Windows and 3 Macs. So it may be better to have your photos edited to a cooler white balance.

I have realized that every single screen has difference colors.

Hope this helps.

Lili
Pan Pixels

are you shooting jpg? I'd expect better out of your body and glass. When i first viewed them I thought they were shot on a D3100 and 55-200 to be honest.

Most reactions

Back