Photos for C&C

bmrust

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.rust-media.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Finally got a chance to get out and take some pictures. I've had my camera for about 2 weeks, but today was the first chance I had to actually get some photos. Please comment!

3778225893_783e594479.jpg

3778224265_c9511c75c9.jpg

3778226289_425eca1c1a.jpg

3778221147_be2f945fe7.jpg

i was just looking at your railroad shots and a couple others on flikr. very good stuff. the sigma 70-300mm looks like a very good lens.

1st and 2nd shots look okay but 3rd shot looks out of focus.
sorry not sure thats happening in the 4th shot so can't really comment =)

yea, that 4th shot is weird... but I liked how it turned out. it was just a fun shot that didn't really have a purpose.

As for #3 being out of focus, its possible... a lot of my shots look that way. i think i need to adjust the focus on the viewfinder.

thanks for the comments, I really appreciate it!

the sigma 70-300 is my favorite lens so far :)

did u take #4 with a webcam? 1,2 is ok, but not great.

*sigh*

no, #4 was taken with my canon rebel xs... 10 sec. exposure, f22...

i was just playing with light, and a flash that i have.

apparently it is not as well liked as i thought it might be.

I like the concept.
It's like she has closed her eyes, and we are seeing her world spin around her.

I made some adjustments that you might like, if you let me post it.

i like #1 and #2...ive been experimenting myseklf with railroad shots...nice:thumbup:

I like the concept.
It's like she has closed her eyes, and we are seeing her world spin around her.

I made some adjustments that you might like, if you let me post it.

absolutely... that would be fine.

(i know it says it is "NOT" ok to edit my photos, but i really dont know why that is an option, or what it really means)

please feel free to post it :)

nice job, great eye... don't love the last shot but what is more important is to have ideas and try new things! awesome.

As for #3 being out of focus, its possible... a lot of my shots look that way. i think i need to adjust the focus on the viewfinder.
What are the shot specs for this image? Aperture, shutter speed, ISO and focal length please.

Were you manually focusing? If not, adjusting the dioptric adjustment knob isn't going to matter since it doesn't affect the focus of the camera. The image does look out of focus to me...either because of camera shake or maybe too little DOF. The petal on the left seems to be the focal point.

Are you choosing which focus point to use or is the camera choosing?

What shooting mode were you using?

Really guys? "Good eye"? Either I'm losing my mind, or you folks should really think a little more carefully about your critique. Please understand that saying something is good is a very significant statement... if it isn't so good, you're just encouraging someone to not grow beyond what they are already doing. Hell, even if it is good... you do people more good by finding things that could be improved than by simply patting them on the back.

To me, most of these looked like test shots. Were they?

I'm absolutely not trying to be harsh or anything, but being honest...

First shot... blown out sky, looks pretty severely tilted, doesn't *really* have a subject, what you would consider the intended subject in the shot is out of focus, appears to have some post processing correction issues as well.

Second shot... seems to perhaps be more of an attempt at an artistic image, but I think the composition could use some help... depth of field seems a bit too shallow ... though that's just my feeling on it. Different angle on the rails, perhaps... more visible stones might be good... that being said, I'm not sure you can really make this shot "work" overall. It's just not overly interesting.

Third shot... pretty colors, but yes, out of focus. I'm bad with flower shots anyway, though. I've liked maybe two of them ever.

Fourth shot... don't even know what to say... washed out... eyes closed... weird wonkiness in the image... all sorts of compositional issues, lots of stuff very clearly in focus in the background... I dunno. If you were doing something specific here, I missed it. It mostly looks like a test shot or a mistake.

Manaheim, I think #2 works as an abstract. I rather like it, but you know...

#4 is an experiment. I think the OP should experiment more with this and really bring the concept out.

I knocked down the brightness, upped a bit of contrast, and applied a little more directional blur concentrated on the outside frame of the image. I am not saying this makes the image wonderful, but I was just experimenting myself. But darkening it helped in my eyes. Again, play more with this concept, get more prominent blur lines. try flashing on shutter curtain close too.

test.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back