Photos for c&c

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by sarasphotos, Jun 30, 2010.

1. sarasphotos

sarasphotos TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    be honest! I love learning! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BuS_RiDeR

BuS_RiDeR No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Overall... Well done. :)

1. Too bad you clipped her toes off... You had plenty of room on the left to better compose this shot...

2. The tree/wooden thing behind her head iw a bit distracting to me...

3. I like this one... But I wish she was looking up a bit more... or towards the camera a bit...

4. Nice idea... But a bit "squinty" for my taste...

Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
  3. eric-holmes

eric-holmes No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    #1. Her feet are cut off. The frame could have been shifted right to include her feet and her body would have been on the left third and her legs would have followed the bottom third.

#2. Same picture, different crop.

#3. I would have chose less space at the top of the door and included her entire body.

4. mwcfarms

mwcfarms No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Ok here goes. All of them are good but I think when you are taking pictures of a heavier girl you have to be VERY careful of cutting her body off anywhere like in number 2 & 3 because you want her to be elongated and when you cut her off at the joint it definetly doesnt help as it puts emphasis on her middle. Number one would be great if her foot wasnt cut off and it seems a bit overexposed to me. I love the candidness of the last one. I like the colors/contrast in the third one but it seems a bit soft. Nice work keep shooting.

5. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Photos OK to edit
    Yes, exactly what BuS_RiDeR said!!!!

6. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I'm quite taken in by her natural (and naturally big and beaming) smile in the last photo, "squinty" or not. I quite like that one. It shows how pretty she is!

With regards to the others (1 and 2 are the same), everything has been said: in 1 detail of her face gets lost in the (small) amount of overexposure and - ok, the thing about her foot has been mentioned often enough. It seems like you managed to bring the bit of detail back in 2, which in itself is good, but here comes what all others said before me about cutting off parts of her body by the framing.

#3 looks like you sharpened what was not quite as sharp as had been desired, and unfortunately it shows. Plus you have plenty of room above her head but cut through her calves ... she COULD easily have been inside your frame with her whole body. And I so expect her to NOW-NOW-NOW(!) look up and give us her beaming smile, and ... she doesn't :(.

7. rangerman

rangerman TPF Noob!

The first one : kinda overexposed, with highlight clippings.
    Second is like the first just closer, nothing new. but the exposure was better
    Third :Nice but she was looking down.
    Forth: Nice but it was too close. (perhaps portrait *vertical* would be better than landscape )

8. AgentDrex

AgentDrex No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    You're friend (or whoever the subject is) has one of the best, happiest, most comforting smiles I've seen...I'm a sucka for dimples too...

That first one really needs to be stepped down somewhat in exposure...the whites are giving me the fits...

Great job...you can tell how much fun you both were having that day...isn't photography just fun as heck...no better hobby IMHO!

9. flyingember

flyingember TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    the first one is way overexposed and you cut off her foot

the second and third one you cut part of her off. it's like you wasted a third of your photo

I like the last one.