Photos for you to critique :)

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by sarasphotos, Jun 19, 2010.

1. sarasphotos

sarasphotos TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Just wondering if you like or dislike, ideas? very new to photography and would LOVE tips! :D

here is my website also, Saras Photography

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie TPF Noob!

I'm not sure I'm a big fan of the angle on #1, and not getting the subjects all in the frame on #2 and #3.

The pictures are nice though.

3. supraman215

supraman215 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I like the idea of the angle on #1 but I think it's way too much, and drop the PS flare. I know the challenge of getting kids to sit still for a photo so bravo on #3. The crop is a little tight on #3.

4. sarasphotos

sarasphotos TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks!! I am so happy I found this message board because I need as much help as I can get! :lol:

5. ghpham

ghpham TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    #1 The flare is annoying and is a big distraction. I personally don't like the angle. Pictures were taken during time with harsh lighting and you have hot spots on her arms, face and forehead. Focus is quite soft.

#2 The color is a bit flat. Perhaps bump up the saturation a little bit.

#3 The color seems flat here too.

Good try for the first week though. Keep it up.

6. dak1b

dak1b TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    1) i agree the angle is too extreme...flare kinda looks cool because it sort of looks like a fairy haha
    2) too dim...crop out left side...wood pole is taking away from ur subject.
    3) again another dull photo

7. Raizels

Raizels TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Hi there and welcome!

Her are some tips I learned on this forum:

1. try not to crop out people's hands, arms, top of heads.

2. in a portrait, good focus on the eyes are very important.

3. your 3rd pic looks like you just snapped it without putting much thought into the composition.

I suggest you concentrate more on composition and sharpen your Photoshop skills.

8. ashbeephoto

ashbeephoto TPF Noob!

Sara,

Take my review with a grain of salt because I'm fairly new (and have pictures up for CC on this forum also.) :)

1. The first picture is my favorite because the lighting is best. It would be nice if you could see more catch-lights in her eyes in this warm lighting, though.

I also tend to turn a lot of photos at an angle ... Several of them I posted for CC & several people commented on them. The angular pictures tend to come off as looking "gimicky." The more I looked into professional photographer's website the more I noticed that those that are getting paid only do angles very selectively. I am going to try and use less angles in my pictures.

I like the sun flare in this picture.

Her elbow is cut off, the comp. on this would be better if you could see her elbow. :)

2. This picture is pretty good. The catchlights in her eyes are really nice and it might be nice to bump them up a little bit in PS. The lighting here is not very dynamic, making the photo appear more like a snapshot. I also would crop a little further away and include the top of her head.

3. Something someone commented on my photo made me think about this one. I think it would have been more professional looking if it had been shot straight-on rather than at an angle (but that is photographer's taste, so up to you). The crop is a little tight and you have a wrist, an elbow, and toes that are cut off.

I agree with whoever said it's really ambitious to try and shoot 5 little ones!

Good job! :)