Photos from Italy

These are absolutely awesome shots sky!!!:hail: :hail: :hail:

can't say much more except that they're stuning and cant wait to see more :)

wow....some great stuff here...italy must be a super spot for photog...so many different textures and colours in these...and the light looks superb.
:thumbsup:

These are great, Sky! :thumbup: You have a good eye. A pleasure to view, all of them! :)

OK I just picked up the slide film from the lab today! I have yet to scan all of the good slides (I have only gone through 2 out of 3 rolls I shot there), but here is what I have so far. Most edits were done pretty quickly and were little more than a curves adjustment. I could probably do better if I weren't as lazy today. Nonetheless, I'm really happy with these shots, so enjoy:

Two classmates in the light around sunset time:
Dana%20and%20John%20in%20sunlight.jpg

Another classmate sitting against a column outside the Uffizi in Florence:
Barbara.jpg

A bell tower at the Piazza della signoria in Florence:
Bell%20tower%20and%20Uffizi.jpg

Il Ponte di Vecchio:
Ponte%203.jpg

A window on the bridge:
Window%20at%20sunset.jpg

Some sunset shots taken from the bridge:
Sunset%20over%20Florence.jpg

Blue%20River.jpg

On the bridge, there are these locks attached to a wall of stone. If I remember correctly, newlyweds lock locks to this spot to symbolize their eternal love for each other. I think that's what it's about, anyway.
Locks.jpg

Locks%202.jpg

A family looking at the locks.

Family%20admiring%20locks.jpg

Some shots from Monterosso:

Bike%20on%20wall.jpg

Couple%20on%20Beach.jpg

Monterosso%20ocean.jpg

There was a large crowd at the train station:
Train%20platform%20crowd.jpg

There was also this strange abandoned outdoor movie theater there:
Abandoned%20cinema.jpg

To top everything off, here's another shot from the sunset at the Ponte di vecchio:
River%20after%20sunset.jpg

OK here's my third dump with pictures from my B&W and C41 rolls :)

Some photos from the island of Murano, near Venice
__6_0039.jpg

---_0150.jpg

---_0167.jpg

---_0168.jpg

...And Murano's cousin island, Burano
_14_0047.jpg

_15_0048.jpg

_24_0057.jpg

_25_0058.jpg

Classic Venice gondolas:
---_0227.jpg

---_0236.jpg

A guy sitting on a bench in Venice:
---_0222.jpg

A beggar in Venice:
---_0256.jpg

The outside of a church in Venice:
---_0149.jpg

Part of the giant cathedral in Florence:
---_0288.jpg

enjoy :)

I am totally in awe here about your entire series, digital photos and analog photos alike. Wow. You have the knack to capture the essence, I really FEEL Italy in each an every one of this, with all its different aspects and sights and almost smells. These are so cool! With the amount of them, it is hard to pick any favourite at all, but I have always been quite partial to detail shots such as walls with a window or walls with a door or so!

This is some fantastic work here in this last series. I thought I was blown away before, but I'm way past that now! The first shot with the guy in the hat walking by is awesome, as well as 2nd shot. I could comment easily on every one of these shots. Did I tell you I like the window shot the best as well as the last two etc... Awesome work!!

Most reactions

Back