Photos From LSU's First Two Home Games

Discussion in 'Photojournalism & Sports Gallery' started by LuckySo-n-So, Sep 26, 2009.

1. LuckySo-n-So

LuckySo-n-So TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    These photos are mainly shots of the atmosphere and people in the stadium. I can get to field level, but I am behind a fence. These are not really meant for C & C. I'm just posting them for your general entertainment. There is no PP other than a little cropping. They are shot with Nikon D90 and a Sigma 18-50mm 2.8 or Sigma 70-300. This is the first season I've had my DSLR, so I'm getting used to the game atmosphere. I will start working on getting the technical and artistic elements down as the season progresses.

Hope you all enjoy!

Shaq is an LSU alum and comes to a couple games a year.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was really surprised at how this picture turned out. The Sigma 70-300 has NEVER performed this well in terms of DOF. While the background is blur, not bokeh, the subject seems to be tack sharp. I was happy with how this one turned out considering the mediocre lens I had.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
  2. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Photos OK to edit
    You did okay! College football games are really fun to go to, and you captured a few behind the scenes moments. Colors look good. I watched the first game, where they went out to Seattle and played Washington the first week of the season--wow, they got a little bit of a scare there!

3. LuckySo-n-So

LuckySo-n-So TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks!

Unless and until I get a field pass and one of those 400mm or 600mm 2.8 lenses, I'll leave the actual football shots to the pros on the sidelines.

College football fans all over the country hear of the mystique and atmosphere of LSU's Tiger Stadium. I try to capture a little bit of that. While I haven't been to places like Wisconsin and Penn State's ginormous stadium in Happy Valley, I DO know that LSU has one of the absolute BEST atmospheres in which to watch a football game. Alabama comes close (their stadium is absolutely stunning). Auburn comes close. Oregon comes close.

I have plenty more games to shoot, so I hope I can capture the atmosphere a little better.

4. gingerjane

gingerjane TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Super fun! We're Gators fans here and my hubby would die if we were able to get that close. (Of course, we live in Ohio, which also makes it pretty difficult) LOL!

These are great!

5. LuckySo-n-So

LuckySo-n-So TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    What are the Gators gonna do when Jesu...er, um, Tebow leaves next year? LOL.

Best College Football Player Ever.

6. 1 Pic > 1,000 Words

1 Pic > 1,000 Words TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Nice pics, you did capture that atmosphere in a couple, especially the second to last one. The Shaq photo is pretty cool too. Nice job! Oh, Michigan's Big House holds well over 110,000 crazy fans, it is loud. "the largest crowd in NCAA college football history was 112,118 on November 22, 2003 for a game against Ohio State" - wikipedia
    I always root for UofM, LSU, MSU, PennState and that's about it.