Photos from my hike yesterday.Feedback plz. thanks

Discussion in 'Nature & Wildlife' started by darkpbstar, May 21, 2008.

1. darkpbstar

darkpbstar TPF Noob!

here they are, I did take more but thought that this was plenty to post, for now at least. Please give any comments/criticism on anything that looks good and also what I need to work on. thanks alot guys/girls. Enjoy.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dadCameraGuy

dadCameraGuy TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    um... hope you don't mind, but they're a bit flat and dull. Need a little pop. you don't have "allow editing" thingie turned on or i'd play with one or two

it would also help if they were separated a little - go back and put a space between each one so there's some gaps please.

3. darkpbstar

darkpbstar TPF Noob!

Yea I haven't even messed with any different editing stuff or settings or anything. This was my first day of going out and photographing, so I expect that they aren't "professional". Thanks for criticism, but anymore so I can have an idea of what to do/look for in pictures and in taking them? Thanks

4. dadCameraGuy

dadCameraGuy TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    a quick sketch might help with one... learn the rule of thirds - most of your images are very centered... main subject is right in the middle

[​IMG]

5. darkpbstar

darkpbstar TPF Noob!

I'm sorry, I am confused with the sentence that is on the picture itself. "Rule of thirds gives movement eye...." Can you re-itterate? I appologize, and thank you. So is it good that most of my images are centered and subject is in the middle? Thanks

6. wolfden

wolfden TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
  7. dadCameraGuy

dadCameraGuy TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Wolfden has provided a good link there... no you don't want the center of attention in the center. Sorry, i should have put some punctuation in the writing on the image.

rule of thirds gives movement.
    eye would move.
    your original, the circled area was dead center.

Another example in your images is the water/horizon one - the land area goes dead across the center of the image (vertically) - and there's an even amount of water and sky. The viewer sees this as static, the eye doesn't move around the image much. but if you put the land in the top 1/3 line or bottom 1/3 line, you'll get a more pleasing image.

8. darkpbstar

darkpbstar TPF Noob!

alright thanks alot guys. That makes sense, and that is exactly what I wanted/needed, so I can improve my photos. thanks.

9. MarcusM

MarcusM TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Yes, rule of thirds will greatly improve your photos. Just keep in mind, you don't always have to use rule of thirds, but I would say probably for a vast majority. Most photography rules can be broken from time to time.

10. darkpbstar

darkpbstar TPF Noob!

for the photo with the bench in it, what would you recommend me doing with that? I really like that photo, but again I still have alot more experience I need to gain and gather to perfect my eye for good photos. I guess I like them more too because I took them, and I was having a great day that day, so there are psychological connections with them.

11. dadCameraGuy

dadCameraGuy TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Exactly!

In PS you could do a lot with enhancing the image colors etc, but it has more emotional impact for you than it will for others...

[​IMG]

12. darkpbstar

darkpbstar TPF Noob!

excellent, I deffinetely see what you are saying. Thanks for blacking out the sides in the pic, it does look better, you are right, just too much going on up top and doesn't enhance anything. I too agree with the water and sky colors. Is that something you do when taking the picture or for in photoshop? thanks