Photos looking for comments

Dagwood56

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi

I'm trying this again - this time I have art - I hope, instead of just a link. As I mentioned in the earlier post, all the shots were taken with an older Olympus D520 zoom P&S digital camera which has only 2.0mp. I have 15 photos posted at photo bucket will only post a few here. Comments and criticism welcome, but be gentle, I've been away from photography for about 9 years and I'm still rusty. ;) Okay everyone - let me have it!:lol:

1. Red Leaf

leafhightpf.jpg

2.Butterfly

butterfly3enhansmall.jpg

3. Butterfly in motion

butterflyinmotiongoodcropped.jpg

4Train on siding

niceengine2tpf.jpg

5.Barn at sunset

lsprtTPF.jpg

6.Cornfield At dusk

barntpf.jpg

I like #4 and 5 best. I think they are good, considering your camera. I think I like the train best, but I'd like it better with those wires at the top cloned out. I think the barn could have more of the sky cropped out also, since there's nothing really interesting in it cloud-wise.

I'm pretty much in agreement with everything Stella said. The train might benefit a lot from a slightly higher saturation (+25??). My favorite is the barn.

try your train picture in black and white. black and white have a nice effect with trains. gives it its "dated" look. next time try to get some tracks shown to..

Thanks for the comments. I never even thought about trying the train in black & white. As for showing more of the tracks - the train is in a rather odd place on the edge of a farm. I wasn't able to include the tracks because of the clutter that would have resulted from the surrounding scenery, a brick garage & scaffolding, but I see your point as to why adding more of a track view would help.

Stella - I'll try removing the wires from the train photo, I'm still getting the hang of photo shop elements and haven't gone far beyond using the brightness, contrast control and crop feature.

Thanks again to all who commented.

Most reactions

Back