Photos of my friends Ford Fiesta

phil-ray

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I took these photos during the weekend, im trying to get my carphotography up to a more professional level with some thought and time put into these shots. if you can comment on them it would be great, good and bad points welcome.

all photos where straight out of the camera only resized and my sig put on the photos, no tinkering with levels or anything.

003.jpg

012.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

Thanks Phil

Hi Phil,

Location, location, location:wink:

The place you shot the car does not enhance what you try to shoot.

Just my 2 new zealand cents;)

Regards
Leigh

Wow, they still make those cars? I learned how to drive in one of those many many years ago. The darn thing didn't even have power steering! :(

Oldnavy170 yea they do tho they have changed so much over the years that one was made in 2000.

http://www.ukfiestanetwork.com/models.html thats a link to the diffrent types of 'Fiesta' that was made in the UK.

Thanks Leigh for the comment, i actualy thought that was a good place but maybe it just wasnt good for that type car. must think of a diffrent place and take the shots again.

i must keep the place in my mind or on a post it note, so i dont forget about it if i get something that suites the setting more.

i like them all.
the colors arent bad straight from the camera.

my suggestion is to keep the front windows up if youre going to shoot. the missing glare from that section draws alot of attention. i dont think the location is that bad either. except the last image, the crop is kinda wierd. maybe too much of the bg and that moving car is strange. try re shooting this again with some of those suggestions. im sure theyll be nice.

Funny. My first thought on precisely the LOCATION was that it was quite well chosen!
Now I am not into car photography at all, so I am the worst possible critic here and don't really know what to look for or what to point at. But I quite like these, considering that the car is only a little Siesta! The angles in 1 and 2 are nice (and I would have overlooked the open front side windows), and I like the tilt in 2 ... actually I quite like 2 but would darken it a tad, personally, in post processing.

But for these being all unprocessed I like them. 1 is particularly well exposed.

The last does not appeal to me too much ... too much going on with the car in the background and the motion blur ... it thoroughly distracts from the car in question.

BUT: these more than one photo don't go with the guidelines to our Photo Critique section ... therefore the thread must move to the General Gallery. Make sure (all) you read the guidelines (sticky on top of Photo Critique) before you post there.

again Cheers for the rplys guys. must re take these shots soon enough, as you have helpd me a good bit.

sorry for not reading all the rules properly, tho i did have a quick glance at them when first regestering.

The car moving in the last pic was unfornate but for what ever reason i coudnt get as good a picture when i went to re take it. just never looked that nice. ah well

got a polarizing filter? your WB seems a little cold, too. good composition, though

Normally, I don't like to see too many reflections on the car...but if you are going to have them...then go all out. I like the location and the reflections it provides.

notelliot said:
got a polarizing filter? your WB seems a little cold, too. good composition, though

i do, but didnt have it with me that day. the photos do look a bit cold but i think that adds to the feeling, i could sort that out in post prossecing but most times i am 2 lazy to do it unless there for a paying job or getting printed.

cheers for the guys

Yeah good location choice, one thing though, I would like to see a more 'traditional' straight up, shot of the car, rather then having your camera on the tilt, still a top effort though :)

i think you could have found a better location but its not too bad. i would try and find a wall that is one color. i think 1 and 3 are your better shots, 2 is a very harsh angle for me and 4 needs to be croped down some. your image quality looks pretty good though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back