Photos of my little Brother - C&C

Eventer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.michelleclarke.co.nz
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got my new lens in the mail the other day (Sony 75-300) so I convinced my brother to come outside with me and let me take photo of him, so try it out. Eventually he got over the phase of pulling faces at the camera... and I manged to get some decent photos. What do you think? :D
- Photo One I've cropped a bit (as the dogs tail made an uninvited apperance into the photo) - and made it black and white too.
- Photo two has had a little bit of cropping also, and I made the colours slightly "warmer" as I think his face look a tad washed out? I wasnt really sure so I was probably seeing things. I also find his t-shirt distracting? anyone else think this?
- Photo 3 hasnt had alot done to it, slight cropping. I just liked his concentration face.
- photo 4, Again only cropping. but his t shirt, distracting?? would it looks better in B&W?

vobxc0.jpg

ftgaad.jpg

34xrxg5.jpg

21kx8up.jpg

All in all I can tell he's of an age that sure made taking his photo difficult at first, so I'm glad you were patient enough to wait for him to "grow out" of his pulling-faces-stage :D.
I quite like the second photo here, as the light you had lights up his eyes in a very pleasing manner (is what I think!) and his smile is open and genuine. He looks a happy boy ... pity you did not get this with him looking at us, making contact with the viewer. But this was only your first session! :D

The third is nice with him being so focused on the dandelion, however that bright spot of sky behind his face is distracting and seems to throw his face into shadows. Which is a bit of a pity, too.

His smile is not quite as free and open in #4 as it was in #2, but he is looking!

I don't find his t-shirt too distracting in any of these, as the colours seem to go with the colours of the background, and I find it "normal" for a boy his age to wear t-shirts like this. To my mind, it only adds to the "natural-ness" of this quick portrait session.

He looks a happy boy ... pity you did not get this with him looking at us, making contact with the viewer. But this was only your first session! :D

The third is nice with him being so focused on the dandelion, however that bright spot of sky behind his face is distracting and seems to throw his face into shadows. Which is a bit of a pity, too.

His smile is not quite as free and open in #4 as it was in #2, but he is looking!

I don't find his t-shirt too distracting in any of these, as the colours seem to go with the colours of the background, and I find it "normal" for a boy his age to wear t-shirts like this. To my mind, it only adds to the "natural-ness" of this quick portrait session.

+1! :mrgreen: :thumbup:

i think they are so natural that it completly enhances the boy.. he is a such a cute subject with his little smiles and fly away hairs.. very nice

Thanks for the comments :D
Yeah I have some awesome photos of his "happy, sad, grumpy, silly faces!" LOL these are the few I got that he looked normal in!
Yep - looking at the camera is an issue with him, If I tell him to look he automatically goes in the "forced smile mode" which he look rather geeky! LOL so I think his free smiles when hes not looking are better than the ones where hes looking, with number four as an exception though
Here one i got of him looking (with that dandilion still haha)
But to me it looks posed and not as natural??
23696_381510324101_647904101_3900947_754983_n.jpg

It looks nice, It now become a trend to have the cartoons on the t-shirts. It looks cool on the children. Yes, it is natural and looks perfect I also don't find anything bad. even the color combinations was also nice. Kids cloths are now become more trendy and funky.

Most reactions

Back