Photo's of taking photos with vintage camera

tpuma

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I spotted this guy on the Staten Island Ferry. He's shooting the city skyline with a vintage Wista Field? Looks like it's in great shape. Is this an actual vintage or one of those new cameras that try to look vintage? I was going to ask him but he was very focussed on what he was doing and didn't want to interrupt and cause him to miss the shot. I did observe him inserting film into the camera and changing lenses.

Attachments

• IMG_1635.jpg
    IMG_1635.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 161
  • IMG_1658.jpg
    IMG_1658.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 145
  • IMG_1665.jpg
    IMG_1665.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 183
  • IMG_1666.jpg
    IMG_1666.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 165
So I spotted this guy on the Staten Island Ferry. He's shooting the city skyline with a vintage Wista Field? Looks like it's in great shape. Is this an actual vintage or one of those new cameras that try to look vintage? I was going to ask him but he was very focussed on what he was doing and didn't want to interrupt and cause him to miss the shot. I did observe him inserting film into the camera and changing lenses.
Cool camera! When you said vintage I thought you might mean- like a Nikon D40 or something!

Nothing is really "vintage" about this...this is a field-style view camera...this is a design type that has been around for many, many decades. Some call this a "flatbed" view camera, others a "field" camera, as opposed to a monorail-style of view camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back