Photos taken 100 years ago in COLOR

You are describing an archival problem. This is also beyond the specific medium. What simple proof?
hindenburg.gif

That's in GIF. Could also find it in JPEG or TIFF by a simple google search. Your floppy disk problem is related to watching your old medium degrade in obsolescence. 100 years from now this famous hindenburg image will still be available somewhere. The most memorable image will change with formats. It's only the people who let an image become forgotten. The photos are not only timeless, they are now also medium-less as has just been shown since they are digitally archived in the Library of Congress.

Colour negatives so far have lasted about 70 years yet we already discuss the archival stability of films. Kodachrome was known as one of the best, but 100 years from now if not stored in perfect darkness it will also degrade, and even when stored in perfect conditions film negatives too eventually degrade. The problem still exists, it's just over a vastly extended time period.

That is seriously mind-blowing. Usually, when I see old photos, it looks more like a painting to me. It's the first time I actualy feel like people lived in the time period these pictures were taken in.

Those are amazing! It's definitely different seeing things in color, when we're so used to the past being B&W.

There was a true color film/process available by 1910 known as "autochrome" but, from what I've seen, the results were not as clear nor as brightly-colored as these.

Really very informative and interesting site.There are many tips who is very useful for me.thanks a lot.

I'm sorry that I don't believe these photos were taken during the time they are said to be?
A little piece of information about your beloved Wiki, it's all submitted by regular people like you and I that have their own opinions too.

On a different note, it's convincing yes but who is to go against my own OPINION? To which I am highly entitled to. In my opinion, as in my thought, I do not personally believe that the photos in the above link were taken at the time they are said to be.

Right. Someone actually went through all the trouble to forge a Wiki page on a photographer that died 66 years ago. Dude, c'mon. :lmao:

Hey, believe what you will or won't- I personally don't care. I was just trying to enlighten- maybe you didn't have all the information you should have before you formed your opinion. Be that as it may, my opinion is that the images are amazing. You're certainly entitled to your opinion.

I'm sorry that I don't believe these photos were taken during the time they are said to be?
A little piece of information about your beloved Wiki, it's all submitted by regular people like you and I that have their own opinions too.

On a different note, it's convincing yes but who is to go against my own OPINION? To which I am highly entitled to. In my opinion, as in my thought, I do not personally believe that the photos in the above link were taken at the time they are said to be.

It's not an opinion that water is wet or the sun is hot. A fact is a fact and having this entitled "opinion" just makes you sound ignorant I'm sorry but that's the truth.

Say whatever you want that's just my opinion and I never said somebody forged the wiki page I said it's random information gathered from multiple people. It's like google, i'll use that as an example. Google gathers information from other websites and puts it together. Wiki does the same by getting let's say the birthday and birthplace from one person and then getting the date of his death from another. It's gathered info. I just find it really hard to believe these are true facts that's all. Just like when I tell people my house in The Netherlands where I used to live is almost 400 years old. Some people find that hard to believe.

Say whatever you want that's just my opinion.

That's what I'm still waiting on. Please tell me why? If you have an opinion let it out man!

If not I'll just assume that colour is against your religion, or that you're of the opinions all Russians are actually green or something. :p

Most reactions

Back