Photos

Nuno Gomes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello again! I'm gonna leave some photos of mine for you too see. Hope you like them, and please leave your coment in order for me to learn and correct what's wrong. Thank you!

All photos taken with the Nikon D5600 and an AF-S Nikkor 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6

DSC_0753 by Nuno Gomes, no Flickr

DSC_0684 by Nuno Gomes, no Flickr

DSC_0649 by Nuno Gomes, no Flickr

DSC_0374 by Nuno Gomes, no Flickr

DSC_0617 by Nuno Gomes, no Flickr

DSC_0467 by Nuno Gomes, no Flickr

DSC_0198 by Nuno Gomes, no Flickr

DSC_0086 by Nuno Gomes, no Flickr

DSC_0413 by Nuno Gomes, no Flickr

DSC_0393 by Nuno Gomes, no Flickr

DSC_0374 by Nuno Gomes, no Flickr

DSC_0363 by Nuno Gomes, no Flickr

DSC_0338 by Nuno Gomes, no Flickr

Egads. Pare it down to just 2 or 3. To constructively comment on all 15 would an hour to type out.

I'll start out with just the first three.

The critter on the pole: Too much background that is far too busy. This makes it distracting. Move closer, zoom in or recrop. Shadows are too dark and too little detail. Try overexposing and/or shadow recovery in post. Also, the subject is smack dab square in the center, a composition no-no. Since the little guy is looking to the viewers' right, move him a bit to the left in the frame.

Second image of the wave spray..... good choice of shutter speed to freeze the water, but beyond that, sorry..... it's just a snapshot.

Third image captures the power of the waves quite well. The horizon is very unsettling however, since it's both unlevel and bowed. In post, you can do a lens distortion correction to remove the bow, and rotate the entire image to level out the horizon. Personally, I'd set the black point up to about 20 or 25 to darken the shadows. This will increase the contrast and the result would be an increase in visual power.

In general, you've got framing/cropping issues. With the exception of #4, they're either too wide or not wide enough, depending on how you see the subject. And #4 is is fairly static in its composition.

Please select the ONE photograph for which you have questions, and post it along with your questions.

Somewhere on here is a handy guide for posting for critique. You can use the search function to find that thread and read it. Then you'll be better equipped to get the kind of critique that you need.

Third image captures the power of the waves quite well. The horizon is very unsettling however, since it's both unlevel and bowed. In post, you can do a lens distortion correction to remove the bow, and rotate the entire image to level out the horizon. Personally, I'd set the black point up to about 20 or 25 to darken the shadows. This will increase the contrast and the result would be an increase in visual power.

What I think it's happening with the horizon is the sun reflection on the Walter. If you look to the top left corner you can see that there's a bit of water "going up the horizon". If you follow that portion of water through the horizon you can barely see a line that is the true horizon. Thank you for the comment, gonna try to correct those errors!

What I think it's happening with the horizon is the sun reflection on the Walter. If you look to the top left corner you can see that there's a bit of water "going up the horizon". If you follow that portion of water through the horizon you can barely see a line that is the true horizon. Thank you for the comment, gonna try to correct those errors!

It's not a reflection of the sun. It's the distortion that is inherent with all lenses with a fixed flange-focal plane distance.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back