Photos

bob127

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am kinda new to photography i have a excellent digital cam i would like to know where do professional photographers have their pictures developed and turned into prints Ilike to do portraits and want them to look their best when i have them turned into prints
thanks
bob

Hi Bob.
If you can't do it at home, then there will be a "Pro Lab" near you somewhere. You don't say where you are. But in the U.K. the main ones are Calumet, Silvergraphics and a few out of the yellow pages. There are quite a lot of print houses around too, but you need to consult with them through the process, as they are good printers ,but not necessarily after the same results that you are...

You can get pretty decent prints from a lot of "one hour photo" places...even Walmart...or better yet, Costco. They all have kiosks...where you just upload from your card or a CD etc.

In many places...there are pro labs that probably cost more...but should offer great service.

To have them look their best, you have to be aware of color managment. That starts by making sure your monitor is calibrated. Some of the pro labs here in Edmonton, will even come to your house and calibrate it for you.

mpix.com right on. i've had better luck with them than the local pro labs.

they have really good customer service and don't give lip back to you if you aren't happy with the color or somthing, they just overnight you a good print.

also they are cheap!

Most reactions

Back