Photoshoot with my friends SVT Cobra. (w00t dslr)

Coutts

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
well my friend is letting me borrow his Canon 20d dslr with a Canon 17-40mm L glass wide angle zoom lens, i love this camera!! He said he wants to see what i can do with a dslr, so i'm showing him! :lol: lol

Tell me what you guys think! My friend joe gave me the idea for the moving shot, i think it turned out alright for being pressed on time and being the first time doing it.

Oh and the lens glares got annoying...ohwell

Derek__s_Cobra_1_by_Coutts.jpg

Derek__s_Cobra_2_by_Coutts.jpg

Derek__s_Cobra_3_by_Coutts.jpg

Derek__s_Cobra_4_by_Coutts.jpg

Derek__s_Cobra_5_by_Coutts.jpg

Derek__s_Cobra_6_by_Coutts.jpg

Derek__s_Cobra_7_by_Coutts.jpg

Derek__s_Cobra_8_by_Coutts.jpg

Derek__s_Cobra_9_by_Coutts.jpg

Derek__s_Cobra_10_by_Coutts.jpg

Derek__s_Cobra_11_by_Coutts.jpg

Derek__s_Cobra_12_by_Coutts.jpg

Derek__s_Cobra_13_by_Coutts.jpg

:D :D :D

MOAR CONTRAST...try and get light sources out of the direct shot. They are alright, not a big fan of the HDR processing. Keep shooting though!

Last edited:
MOAR CONTRAST...try and get light sources out of the direct shot. They are alright, not a big fan of the HDR processing. Keep shooting though!
theres nothing HDR about those photos

anyways, how did you do the moving shot? was you sitting on the hood?!

a lens hood would of helped the lens flare in pics 3 and 6 but the corners of the photo may come out darker since the lighting was dim

more contrast?
icon9.gif
that would make the car so dark you wouldn't be able to see it. and there are no hdr pics on here. i don't do hdr pics.

and yes the tripod was on the hood for the moving shot. thanks!
thumbsup.gif

more contrast?
icon9.gif
that would make the car so dark you wouldn't be able to see it. and there are no hdr pics on here. i don't do hdr pics.

and yes the tripod was on the hood for the moving shot. thanks!
thumbsup.gif

i don't think he necessarily meant to just add it, but more so that the shots are flat and he thinks they need some. (maybe)

although I'm not personally a fan, you could maybe add a slight vignette to a few to add more focus to the car itself. especially on some of the ones with a lot of the lights showing.

to me i think these all seem a bit underexposed, but i think my personal choice is to overexpose things a tad.

thanks, i actually vignetted them all, but i didn't want to over do it, you know?

and i've found its difficult photographing black / dark colored cars at night, especially in parking garage situations, its hard to expose the car correctly without over exposing the surroundings. i tried to dodge to brighten the car up in some pics but you can only do so much.

Yes they seemed flat. And they are giving off an HDR vibe to me for some reason, especially the one wiht the guy in it. And about parking garages...

...Go to the top of them!

It also helps to park the car closer to a light that is shining on the car your shooting. We have even gone has far as diffusing the garage lights =).
Side2.jpg

AND bracket exposures to help with proper exposure.
TimCar4.jpg

(Too much vinette yea yea.)

AND for rolling shots, its safer for your camera to get a second car involved!
NickRollingShot4.jpg

Most reactions

Back