photoshop 7

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone,

I need help!!! I have photoshop 7 but can't sem to work it out. I know... i don't know a lot. i am not very technical..... I just has a go and can't make head noe tail of it. I feel as if I need a lesson or two, three, four...........I can't find my manual...does anybody know where i could get one for free, either doenloaded or hard copy at a price if need be!

I keep reading about people editing using this software. Is photoshop the best? I have easy media creator 8 photosuite is that anywhere near as good?

How do i do selective colouring and unsharp mask etc.. do i need photoshop to do this?

Questions questions questions.

Thank you very much

from
I know nothing!!!!:hail:

Photoshop is a very large and complex program...don't feel bad that you are taking some time to learn it.

I would suggest a good book (I don't know about a manual, but there are the help files, which I don't find all that helpful). I don't have any particular book in mind, but I'm sure there are plenty.

Also, if you Google 'Photoshop Tutorial'...you will get a few million hits...I'm sure there is some good info out there.

I find that THIS SITE, has some good basic info. Check out the Tutorials and the 'Understanding Series'.

you can check some torrent sites and locate some ebooks pretty easily.

Also, if you want a more "hands on" tutorial, you can use the Video Traning Center.

http://www.vtc.com/

Click on their first lessons for free. If they are of value, you can sign up for the rest. If not, chuck it.

I think Photoshop can be a bit overwhelming when you try to take it all in at once so I'd try to focus on the photography techniques first. Things like cropping, dodging, burning, selecting, Levels, etc. I'd say 90% of my Photoshop work is done with the same 5 - 10 steps tools.

If you're into podcasts I'd HIGHLY recommend Photoshop Killer Tips and Photoshop User TV. Killer Tips is a daily video podcast with a quick 2 minute tip. TV is a weekly video podcast that's about 30 - 45 minutes and shows several tutorials. I'd say you have about a 75% chance of them being photography related plus it's a LOT easier to learn when you can watch someone's monitor while they talk you through it.

These should be easily found in iTunes or Google but if anyone needs more detail just let me know.

I second the book Photoshop 7 - Down & Dirty Tricks by Scott Kelby. I have not read that book but I do have the Photoshop CS2 book by Scott Kelby and I learned a lot from that book. Great Book!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back