PhotoShop 8 question

Discussion in 'Graphics Programs and Photo Gallery' started by Corry, Apr 29, 2004.

1. Corry

Corry Flirtacious and Bodacious Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I have a picture (that unfortunately I cannot post do to some kind of problem with snapfish) of a small waterfall. It's a fairly decent picture except for a glare towards the top of the watefall. Is there a way to tone down the glare in PhotoShop?

2. markc

markc TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    You can try using the burn tool at a low percentage. There are probably better ways, but I haven't experimented much with blending layers yet.

3. drlynn

drlynn TPF Noob!

There are several ways to tone down glare. Mark's suggestion is a good one, just make sure your percent is set very low so you don't have to undo a lot of work. And hold the mouse button down to do full sweeps of the area, or you'll get uneven results where your strokes overlap.

My memory is terrible, and I have to actually open PS and do it as I type in how. Since I'm not at home to open PS on my computer, I'll have to post later so that I can give step-by-step's for some other methods.

Here's a very good quick tutorial from Osmer-Toby in the Graphics Program Tutorials section of the forum:

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4695

4. Corry

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks! My PS is on a different computer than where I have my internet access as well (and a scanner) so I actually have to wait until my parents fix thier CD Burner before I can even get the picture onto my computer and even BEGIN trying anything with it. But any suggestions that I can try are greatly appreciated!

5. Corry

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks! My PS is on a different computer than where I have my internet access as well (and a scanner) so I actually have to wait until my parents fix thier CD Burner before I can even get the picture onto my computer and even BEGIN trying anything with it. But any suggestions that I can try are greatly appreciated!