photoshop...andy warhol

ATXshots

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been trying to make an 'Andy Warhol' type photo, I have done the tutorials, but it never works out :( This is what I have so far...

Now on the tutorials it tells me to make a copy of the 'group' and drag the 'group' onto my main canvas....the idea is to put four on one canvas (different colors of course)

So, when I try it I get this error message saying "could not complete request because your source and destination documents are the same". :irked: Can anyone help?

Oh, I did one tutorial that suggesting making "guides" but I could never get that to work either

I've moved this thread from the Alternative forum over to the Graphics forum, where you'll hopefully get some feedback. :)

hmmm...Maybe there aren't too many effects going on in this forum. Anyone know of a good photoshop forum?

okay, I figured it out :) not perfect, but ill fix that later :wink:

2979917332_4467977406.jpg

aww its cool

Out of interest how did you get it to work in the end!? Because im also being instructed to drag a layer containing my wannabe background into the canvas but im getting the same error message :s

The OP was trying to drag the background of his original onto his background - its not possible. Its like trying to copy and paste the same document in the same location on your HD.

Just make a new document that has double the dimensions of your original, and drag and drop from the original to the new document and create four layers.

Profit.

The OP was trying to drag the background of his original onto his background - its not possible. Its like trying to copy and paste the same document in the same location on your HD.

Just make a new document that has double the dimensions of your original, and drag and drop from the original to the new document and create four layers.

Profit.

Yes, this is what I did ;)...

heres my newest one I made for a friend:
3065208905_2c77de2e62.jpg

I think the first oen has more pop/consistency to it.

Most reactions

Back