photoshop batch resize

DeepSpring

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.joshualights.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok so I do know how to batch resize that isn't my problem.

If I want to resize lets say for web you can record it with the correct image size, problem is that only works on pictures in that oriantation. So they have it so you can scale by percent which works for all image sizes. The problem I have is if I crop some pictures here and there, they wont be the same size as the others therefor the scaling by % would not produce the size I want.

Anyone have any tips?

I'm looking to be able to resize and then add a simple fram with my website and such on it.

Thank you

Ok so I do know how to batch resize that isn't my problem.

If I want to resize lets say for web you can record it with the correct image size, problem is that only works on pictures in that oriantation. So they have it so you can scale by percent which works for all image sizes. The problem I have is if I crop some pictures here and there, they wont be the same size as the others therefor the scaling by % would not produce the size I want.

Anyone have any tips?

I'm looking to be able to resize and then add a simple fram with my website and such on it.

Thank you

Yes I have an answer, but it may not be what you want.

http://www.irfanview.com

Download it FREE. It has batch resize, batch rename, batch convert and many other simple useful features. Can do some nice basic editing, nothing fancy.

Use Photoshop for the heavy duty stuff, use Irfanview for the easy things.

You don't need a sledge hammer to drive a tack when you are hanging a picture on the wall. :lol:

It's probably a backwards way of doing it, but for borders and resizing that I do often, I make horizontal and vertical actions. For instance my "web friendly vert" action will make any image 500 pixels tall. "Web friendly horiz" makes any file 500 pixels wide. If I'm processing a bunch of photos I just divide them into horizontal and vertical folders, or leave them all the same orientation.

Use irfanview. You can set the "long" side to a certain number of pixels, which maintains aspect ratio for horizontal or vertical pictures.

Most reactions

Back