photoshop, best way to learn?

pete1606

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What is the "best" way to learn photoshop. Everytime I try to tinker with it to lean its seems I get nowhere. Is there any good online sources for beginners to learn. I havent found anything covering thew basics.

Thanks
Peter

I love betterphoto.com and their courses. I think they offer several different ones on Photoshop and Photoshop Elements.

What specifically do you want to learn? You mention basics. Basics to me would be stuff like noise reduction, levels adjustments, curve adjustment, and sharpening. The basics for digital developement. Search in google for the specifics, you will find plenty of info. It's all quite simple.

Just search 'Photoshop Tutorials' in google. That's how I started to learn, and it really just took a basic understanding of how the workspace is organized, what each tool does and most importantly: layers. Then you learn to work with layer masks and all the different adjustment layers and you've got the basics. From there, practice and additional tutorials will teach you the more advanced stuff.

'Photoshop CS3 for Dummies'. I just picked up a copy, looks like a good reference book. And it's not too much to read it cover to cover.
...Terry

Most reactions

New Topics

Back