photoshop book.

ghache

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I read alot and would like to improve my photoshop techniques and read on it.
I know i can just download them online but once in a while i like to relax a read a good book.

i am going to go browse whats available at chapters tonight and probably buy one, i would like to know what book did you read and if anyone have a recommendation.

I allready have medium to strong competence in photoshop and would like something alot more technical and heavy. any sugestion anyone?
a cs3 or cs4 version

Scott Kelby has many good Photoshop books. A lot of people like him because it's fairly easy to read and understand. Some don't like it as much because much of it reads like tips, rather than lessons.

since you indicate you have better than average photoshop skills (or , that is my take on your statement) you might take a look at a book called The Photoshop Darkroom by Harold and Phyllis Davis.

Scott Kelby's books are basically a collection of tutorials. His writing style is easy to take and his books are the most popular ever for Photoshop.

I also like the professional image editor Martin Evening's books and have nice book on Photoshop workflow that was written by Tim Grey.

I am a NAPP member and look forward to all 8 yearly issues of Photoshop User magazine, the regular tutorials NAPP produces, the various discounts and perks NAPP has secured for members, etc. Membership is $99 a year here in the US.

If you were to decide to join I wouldn't mind if you did so using my NAPP referral link: https://www.photoshopuser.com/signup/?aid=luhgxq&code=friend so they will add some time to my yearly membership.

thanks! i noted this, i didnt had the time to go shopping tonight, i will go over the weekend! thanks!

Check out this site for useful PS books: photoshopdaily.co.uk/features/6-essential-books-for-photoshop-cs5

I also like Martin Evening's books. The Photoshop Bible is great too.
I have one on adobe camera raw alone that is excellent. I'll have to look for the title 'n be back. For photographers I think the adobe camera raw part is EXTREMELY essential and can make your processing so streamlined that you'll use less and less photoshop and get to the point you are very quick. Great for profitability if you are in business.

Real World Camera Raw by Brad Fraser and Jeff Schewe

If it's two years old now, you must be an expert with photoshop, just kidding. Watch for the PS seminars that occationally come to Ottawa, I did a one day seminar a few years ago, it was run by Adobe, learned alot that day, and then forgot it all within a week. The one thing that about the seminar is that it was geared more towards the graphic artists and less twords photography, but there was a lot of cross over information.

I personally think the best way to improve your Photoshop skills is doing many, many tutorials online - with each one you'll learn a new technique ;)

If it's two years old now, you must be an expert with photoshop, just kidding. Watch for the PS seminars that occationally come to Ottawa, I did a one day seminar a few years ago, it was run by Adobe, learned alot that day, and then forgot it all within a week. The one thing that about the seminar is that it was geared more towards the graphic artists and less twords photography, but there was a lot of cross over information.

Haha well, i think i made great progress in the last 2 years, especially in the last 6 months has i have been shooting alot. The one thing i found i that if you find a technique that you apply to your workflow and use it regulary, it sticks but for stuff irevelant to photography, you forget.

the thumbnails i attached is really low quality of course and its hosted off facebook. This is the kind or work i am doing lately.

Attachments

• $424490_10151368867655367_519480366_23248047_677011651_n.jpg
    $424490_10151368867655367_519480366_23248047_677011651_n.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back