Photoshop CS color is off. HELP!?

RMThompson

the TPF moderators rock my world!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just installed CS on my new Vista computer, and for some reason my whites are off.

As you can see from the screenshot, it's NOT the computer settings as the area to the white is the white I can see.

I tried to change the color settings, but to no avail.

Help?

whiteisoffno5.jpg

Reset PreferencesA lot of Photoshop problems can be fixed by dumping the preferences file: While launching Photoshop, Hold down Alt+Ctrl+shift on the PC or Cmd+Option+Shift on the mac. When asked to reset the preferences say yes.
Before you do this, save your custom Patterns, actions, styles, brushes, gradients, shapes and color pallettes. These will also be reset. Tip: You can create an action to do this, so you have a one click backup! (Don't forget to save the backup action first)

info from here.
Photoshop CS3 Tips and Tutorials, Tips- PhotoshopCafe Photoshop shortcuts - The free resource for Photoshop Users

I remember reading that CS and CS2 are not "officially" vista compatible. Some folks have issues, some don't, and not all features will work. There was an uproar as Adobe didn't do a fix but require folks to upgrade to CS3, for a price, if they wanted 'official' compatibility. I have no idea if the above is related...

Its a monitor problem seemingly.

I've SORT of fixed it. It takes some tweaking when working, but it's getting there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back