Photoshop cs?

bazza

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Does anybody know where I can get a user guide for photoshop cs..

Is this the best editing program or would I be wasting my money in buying it when elements 4 is a lot cheaper??

If so, a user guide for the latter.

Thanks...

Google it!

If you dont KNOW you need CS then you most likely dont, You can get older versions and they work well.

I think the elements programs dont have some important features.

I think elements is sufficient for most people. The most common thing that is mention as not being in elements is curves and the channel mixer. I have elements 4 right now and am planning on upgrading to CS2 for the channel mixer to use with infrared photos.

bazza said:
user guide for photoshop cs..
Scott Kelby is an authority in the field. Check out for titles authored by him.
Russell Brown is another helpful source as well. Scroll down for CS tips and QuickTime tutorials.

Adobe Photoshop CS (cs2) for photographers by Martin Evening is my personal favourite. He has some really good advanced techniques. But as danalec has said Scott Kelby books are very good. Probably abit more user friendly too

Unimaxium said:
This question of CS vs elements was just dealt with in another thread that is still active. Have a read through here.

albeit that that thread has turned into my drama with an ebay seller and CS2:wink:

I have a Scott Kelby book for Elements 4 as well as the Hidden Power of PSE4. I really liked the Scott Kelby book so I bought his book for CS2 to go with my new copy of CS@, but now I have to get a 'real' copy of it before I can use my book. :lmao: My element books will be for sale if anyone wants them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back